Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Student won't install

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
x_k1mberley_x
4809 Views, 13 Replies

Maya 2015 Student won't install

Hello, I'm a student in my 2nd year and I'm required to download the 2015 version of Maya. I have receieved my license key fine, but my problem is when I try to install the program.
I have tried all 3 options, tried 3 different browsers, turned off antivirus and firewall. I've tried everything and I still get a variety of errors, this is happening with everyone in my class. If I do the download now option it downloads up to the point of 4.63GB out of 4.67GB and then drops.
I either get a notification saying connection failed to the website, or the files failed to install. 

Is there any way I can get round this?  I really need this for University.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Hi @x_k1mberley_x, 

Please do try downloading the Product from our Virtual Agent. Prior to doing that, do a clear cache and delete Internet Cookies. If you   are still having issues, reply back with a screenshot of the error so we can check further. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 14
sardonix
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I get a "Prodct download consists of multiple files.  At least one file is missing or has not been downloaded yet" error even though my download tracker shows it is complete at 1.8 GB.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 4 of 14
jessica.t
in reply to: sardonix

Hi @sardonix and welcome to the Autodesk Community,

Please try Joane's solution as marked right above your post. If you've already taken these steps please reply with further information. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 14
sardonix
in reply to: jessica.t

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I followed those instructions but still get that error when I try again. See attached error message screen grab.
Message 6 of 14
camilo.lemos

Hi @sardonix 

Can you please disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download Maya 2015 from these direct download links? You need to download both parts before proceeding with the installation

Maya 2015 Part I

Maya 2015 Part II

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 14
sardonix
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you for your reply that worked for me for maya. Now I'm getting a Network Error when I try to download / install 3ds max 2015. Any help would be appreciated.
Message 8 of 14
jessica.t

Hi @sardonix,

Could you please take the following steps before your next download attempt:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If any further issues persists please reply to my post with further details including any screenshots of error messages / failures. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 14
citai123456789

Hi ! I want to ask if i am using window7 Home Premium, Which maya pack i should install?

The picture from bottom were the error it showed when i installed.

Thank you for your attention. Thx

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: x_k1mberley_x

Thanxxxx man just formatted my pc n was getting the same issue but i shut off the firewall & I got through.thanksss
alot
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

I am having a problem installing my maya. I keep getting a message like this: "Instillation Complete. Some products failed to
install." I tried to send an email to someone to help me, and no one responsed to me. I want to know how to fix it. I see that there was a choice to go to

the virtual agent, but I don't undertsand how this helps. I do not see any maya logo to click on. I would like a one-on-one help please.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I have recived a message saying, "Instillation Complete. Some products failed to install." is this the problem with my anti-virus? and if so, what should I do after I turn off my virus protection? and is it safe for me to turn on my anti-versus after I install properly? Please help me because I send an email for him, and no one has come to help me.

Message 13 of 14
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

If you are still getting the same error, kindly try to do a clean uninstall using Microsoft FixIt and try re-downloading the installer via the Virtual Agent. Also, make sure that your anti-virus and firewall are temporarily turned off while you download and install the software. Once the software has already been successfully installed, you can then go ahead and turn on the anti-virus once more. 

Let us know how it goes. Thank you. 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Maybe you can help me because I was talking to Shradha, & this person just keeps sending me link after links. I do not want links please. I try to download the "fix-it" to my windows 10, but said that is not available to install at this time. I heard that 2016 is the best for windows 10, and I would like to know if I can still install Maya (with the fire-wall turned off), and still be good to go. BEFORE YOU SEND ME A LINK FOR THE INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE DON'T BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT A THOUSAND TIMES.

By the way, for the part of cleaning out the Maya 2015 from my laptop, I want to know, on the section on:

1. Clean out your TEMP files:

1. Click the Windows Start button.
    2. In the Run box type %TEMP% and press Enter
    3. Highlight and delete all files. Ignore any files in use.

Do you want me to delete everything, including the installation with such programs such as my Web-root, and Firefox? What files relating the Maya should I delete, so that way I can delete the proper files.

Please response back to me, WITHOUT A LINK, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report