Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 sticky mouse problem on all Macs

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
Spacematt
2282 Views, 31 Replies

Maya 2015 sticky mouse problem on all Macs

We're having trouble with our mouse buttons feeling 'sticky' in Maya 2015. Its as if the release event sometimes lags by up to 2 seconds, usually with the effect that the viewport tumbles around erratically until Maya catches up. The same can happen when dragging the timeslider, or pretty much any dragging actions.

Surprised not to see anyone else complain about this, as it happens on all our Macs all the time. Nobody else?

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
Karen.Snow
in reply to: Spacematt

Hello,

This is indeed an issue that Autodesk is aware off.

A Change Request has been logged and development are currently investigating a possible fix.

Thank-you.

Karen Snow

Karen Snow
Message 3 of 32
Spacematt
in reply to: Karen.Snow

So five months and five service packs later is there any progress with this? We've had no choice but to start using 2015 now (Ext1 SP5) and this problem is really getting on my nerves. It's not cosmetic, it's actualy quite destructive.

Is there at least a workaround?

Message 4 of 32
lucericr

The issue we are aware about is when you let go of the mouse button above the Attribute Editor, it often doesn't register immediately.  We  don't have a fix for it at the moment.  The work around would be to leave the mouse on top of the opengl viewport.  I think it might be fine too if the mouse is let go outside of Maya,

Message 5 of 32
soulbender88
in reply to: lucericr

I noticed the same issue, when you click and drag the curser out of the viewport and let go of the button it acts like your still holding the button down for a few seconds.

It's not a Maya issue because it happens in other software like Daz Studio and others. Its Mac issue

Message 6 of 32
neil

I am also having this issue with any click and drag operation throughout Maya 2015. Even just adjusting the lambert color slider sticks. It worsens depending on the weight of the scene.

This problem exists in both Mavericks and Yosemite, and on all macs throughout the team. Running 2012 and 2014 MacPro's, on service pack 5. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the input device, the problem persists with the magic mouse, logitech mouse, cintiq's, and intuos 4/5's.

I have been experiencing these 'sticky clicks' last up to 8 seconds.

We're just dealing with it now, but it's driving me crazy and causes a pretty significant hit to productivity.

Message 7 of 32
soulbender88
in reply to: neil

Right but its not just Maya, its system wide. It happens in other applications as well.

Message 8 of 32
neil
in reply to: soulbender88

I personally have only had this happen in Maya so far. Will keep an eye out.

Message 9 of 32
soulbender88
in reply to: neil

By the way I agree its a total pain in the butt.

As long as you keep the cruser inside the viewport it won't do it. Which isnt easy.

Message 10 of 32

Bump - this is a nightmare.

Message 11 of 32

Yes, I'd love to hear of any potential fixes for this as well. When tumbling the viewport, upon mouse release, there's a significant and cumbersome delay where the viewport continues to tumble, despite having the mouse disengaged.

OSX Mavericks (latest),

Maya 2015 sp5,

Mac Pro.

Message 12 of 32
Spacematt
in reply to: soulbender88

I haven't seen this happen in any other software on any of our Macs and more to the point it doesn't happen in Maya 2014, regardless of OSX version.

Message 13 of 32
JPelphrey
in reply to: steve_patterson

Also looking forward to a fix for this.  I have a very similar issue where dragging an item(s) with middle mouse in the outliner does not release until another mouse or keyboard event.  Perhaps related.

OS X 10.10.1

Maya 2015 SP3

2013 MacPro

Message 14 of 32
swartz3d

I've also experienced this on Maya for Mac -- since Maya 2014, actually. It's really annoying. Maya on Windows 7 seems fine. Regardless of whether it's Apple or Autodesk -- I hope they both get their stuff together and resolve this for us soon! -Michael
Message 15 of 32
Spacematt
in reply to: swartz3d

So, we're still doing this in Maya 2016? Any light at the end of the tunnel?

Message 16 of 32
syracoj

adding myself to this thread.

Message 17 of 32
taylorham
in reply to: syracoj

15 months later has anyone found a fix for this? As hard as I try to work around it, this problem plagues me at least a dozen times a day.

Bump!
Message 18 of 32
syracoj
in reply to: taylorham

We do have this catalogued. I have updated the defect to request more traction on it. Hopefully we can have a fix soon. Sorry guys for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

On here, who is using a wacom stylus/pen?

Any touchpad/force touchpad users?

Magic Mice folks?

Message 19 of 32
steve_patterson

Hi, thanks for escalating this. I'm using a Wacom Intuos Pro (medium). All patched drivers.

Message 20 of 32
Spacematt

We see this on Intuos 3's and 4's. Don't think we have any 5's. There's a trackpad connected to a couple of the Macs, but not to others. The trackpads aren't used with Maya generally, but when they are, the problem is evident there too. No mouses, magic or otherwise. Out of 10 or so Macs I'm I haven't found a single one which doesn't have the problem.

I too would appreciate a solution quickly. It isn't just cosmetic at all. We're screwing up scenes all the time as camera or values get dragged around and the error goes unnoticed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report