Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Service Pack 1 continues to crash...

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
gianluca.mattesco
1733 Views, 18 Replies

Maya 2015 Service Pack 1 continues to crash...

Hello to all,

Unfortunately I had the bad idea to update maya 2015 service pack 1, now the software continues to close and also render with MentalRay launched dos commands crashes.

someone has the same problems? Maya will need to uninstall and reinstall it to fix?

thanks, regards.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Hello,

concerning the crashes, I have some questions, in order to figure out what the issue is:

1.: Can you do a simple testscene (Just one sphere and one light) and reproduce the issue here?

2.: Can you rename the folder "2015-x64" into "2015-x64_old" and restart Maya. The folder can be found here: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\maya

3.: Are you doing standard renderings from out of the UI or are you running batch or networkrenderings using Mental Ray. Maybe you can describe the workflow more detailed.

4.: Is there any errormessage?

Best Regards,

Florian Coenen

Message 3 of 19

Hi Florian,

to be able to continue my work I had to reinstall maya 2015 without the service pack 1.

What I can tell you is that I tried to check the problem with a clean install of the software on two other machines (all Windows 8.1) and the problem has been found on all.

The application produces a random stop when you open the panel open scene or try to save, anceh scenes with simple objects, like a plane and a sphere

In addition than a render launched from the command(cmd.exe):

render -proj "project path" -r mr "project path\scene.mb"

The command always ends with unexpected error.

I'm sorry for not being able to provide other information,

wondering if I was the only one evere this kind of problem, it can be a non-compatibility with Win 8.1

Thank you.

Message 4 of 19

I am also having some crash issues with Maya 2015 SP1. I just got the student version of Maya on my Macbook Pro with OSX 10.9.2. Every time i try to import reference images into my view planes to try to model them, Maya slows down considerably. Maya then follows that with a flickery black perspective screen and soon enough a complete freeze, usually resulting in a computer crash. Unfortunately, i already have OSX 10.9.2 so i cant use an older version of Maya, but i need to be able to use my reference images. Any one come across this problem as well? Or better yet, find a fix?

Thanks

Message 5 of 19
Mikestanford
in reply to: 400adam2130

I also made the mistake of downloading this servce pack.  If anyone could let me know the best and quickest way of removing it, that would be appreciated.  I can`t understand why this service pack could not have been tested before making it available for people to download.   It is quite frankly a disgrace that paying autodesk customers have to deal with this crap whilst working on a project.

Message 6 of 19

I'm sorry Mike,
but I have not found a way to uninstall only the service pac!

I have uninstalled maya 2015, cleaned the install paths manualy, and reinstalled the product!

Bye.
Message 7 of 19

I also installed the student version and have had the same frustrating problems with SP1 😞

Does anyone have an answer yet please? Pretty please? 🙂

Message 8 of 19
_Pirated_
in reply to: _Pirated_

Woman Sad

i shall google and google until i find an answer! and then i will return!!!!!

Heart

MightyTravels

Message 9 of 19
wreliford
in reply to: _Pirated_

Trying insatlling service pack 2?

Message 10 of 19

No,
I'll try it after creating a restore point of the system.

thanks

Message 11 of 19

One more issue I would like to share with all of you.

If u  are playing with fluids of maya and wana test out for playblast ,u bet ,u cant stop the playblast in the middle and the frames will keep on going and going till the last frame of your time slider.

I had this issue with 2015+sp1+sp2

in all updates this issue is still pertaing to bother you .

Message 12 of 19

Ok,
I installed service pack 2 directly and the system is stable.

thanks
Message 13 of 19

Ok wreliford,
I installed service pack 2 directly and the system is stable.

thanks
Message 14 of 19

You might also read the notes about sp2 because there are some things that are still broken.
Message 15 of 19
tirgari
in reply to: wreliford

I have trouble loading MR (when I try to check the Load options, Maya errors: 

// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found.
(Mayatomr)

Message 16 of 19

I just wanted to update:

I installed SP2 and to no luck, it still crashes when i try using the image planes.

I have the Student license and a MacBook Pro

Message 17 of 19
wreliford
in reply to: 400adam2130

There is a separate update for mental ray too.
Message 18 of 19
tirgari
in reply to: wreliford

I see in my Autodesk application manager that "mental ray for Autodesk Maya 2015 Service Pack 2" is installed.  Now is there some other update for MR?

Message 19 of 19
gianluca.mattesco
in reply to: tirgari

It exists to update mental ray sp2

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2015-servi...

(Windows users: it is recommended to install both the Maya 2015 SP2 msp and the mental ray For Maya 2015 SP2 msp)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report