Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 not starting on OSX

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
wannabe95
1225 Views, 9 Replies

Maya 2015 not starting on OSX

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed Maya 2015 with a student licence on OSX Mavericks. After installing the first time I started it the splashscreen appeared but them froze and crashed. The second time I started it I got a licence error, I did a bit of googling and re installed Maya. Now when I open it the icon appears on the dock (so the program starts) but it fails to open - I don't even get to the splashscreen. Any help would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bthompson
in reply to: wannabe95

Similar problem.  Maya Student 2014 worked just fine for months, then one week inexplicably it would open to splash screen and the usually changing text in bottom corner would hang on "Maya Loading" and if right clicked from the dock it said "Not Responding."  Though it was due to low space on SSD, made room.  No change.  Tried reinstalling + service packs.  No change.  Contacted Autodesk and recomended a full removal of software and license informations from MacBook.  Fully wiped.  Re-installed with new product key from Autodesk.  No change.  Uninstalled fully again.  Installed Maya student 2015.  No change.  Still.  Tried again today to fully wipe all maya products and remnants form hard drive.  Reinstalled 2015.  STILL hangs on splash screen with "Maya Loading" and says "Not Responding."  This is getting very frustrating.  Haven't had ANY version of Maya working on my MacBook for HALF of a YEAR now.  WTF Autodesk.  What can I do?

(from: an all-star student at Minneapolis Media Institute)

Message 3 of 10
etoraaso
in reply to: bthompson

I have the same issue on my PC versions of one of the computers in my office.  I used to be able to run 2013 and 2014 but at some point 2014 went bad and it seemed to infect 2013.

As of now I can't run Maya 2015, 2014 or 2013.  I tried GC drivers as I thought that was the problem.  No luck.

I also reinstalled everything to no avail.

Good luck but I had to move to another machine for all of my Maya needs.

And I have a decent Quadro and have no problem running Max 2015, among many other CAD/Media products.

Message 4 of 10
warnold1

On the Mac when Maya does start the aedile at method to get more info on what Maya is doing (not doing) is to run Apple's Activity Monitor from the Applications/Utilities

Select the Maya process and then do a "sample"

The stack trace will usually point in the direction to explore

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 5 of 10
phluchan

I have the exact problem. Can not figure it out
Message 6 of 10
warnold1
in reply to: phluchan

What stack trace is the Apple Activity Monitor showing for the Maya process.

if it is the license mutex lock.  rebooting you machine will clear the current locks

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 7 of 10

Im also having a problem like this. I had it once before but i forgot what i did, ( i think i just got lucky) but Maya worked great for months and now this. I'm also getting an error code now

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/startup/initChannelsLayers.mel line 342: Cannot find procedure "showLayers". //

// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.0 (built Jul 26 2013 11:01:23)

// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.0 (built Jul 26 2013 11:01:23)

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/fur/FurPluginCreateUI.mel line 17916: menu: Object '' not found. //

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "MTsetToggleMenuItem". //

and if it will come up in the bar across the top it will only say

Maya Pipeline Cache and Bifrost. 

I have no idea what to do! Please help!

EDIT:

I found a way to get this to work again. I had to delete the prefs from the 15 folder. 

I went through the Go option on the command bar across the top of the screen and into library from there Autodesk/maya.. ect

and it opened for me just fine after that. 

I know that after this i need to set it on Legacy view mode but that's cause i want some of the HUD elements from before. 

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 10
phluchan
in reply to: warnold1

I am not able to see it in the activity monitor because it shut downs about 3 seconds after trying to open.

Message 9 of 10

I also just tried this. Deleting the prefs folder did nothing for me. Any other suggestions?

Message 10 of 10
jonah_2
in reply to: bthompson

Likewise. Having the EXACT same issues. I've looked everywhere and no luck. I can't figure this thing out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report