Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 is a bust on MacBook Pro 2013 running OSX 10.9.2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
oxenburgh2011
1915 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2015 is a bust on MacBook Pro 2013 running OSX 10.9.2

I use a MacBook Pro 2013 15 inch top of the line and I am getting sick to death of your company's sofatware crashing or bugging out...the LTU on 2014 does not work even though I can login...so I knew, really knew that you'd also mess up the release of 2015 and I am using it in trial mode so I can still use Maya 2014.

Maya 2015 with OSX Mavericks 19.9.2 crashes all the time despite having 2.6GH Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT 750m, 1TB SSD..you cannot get better from Apple and this is rubbish from Autodesk. Endless problems and useless tech support.

Is it Apple not giving you help or is it your coders simply not bothering. 2015 has crashed in trial mode so many times in the last few hours I cannot risk registering it. So I have 2014 which cannot transfer its license but at least works and 2015 that bugs out all the time and is missing really usefull features to help change aspect in stage view. 

Why am I paying your company a subscription service when your tech support is really hard to reach and your updates do not work with OSX 10.9.X nor Windows 8.1 from what I have read. 

Adobe can get its act together why not you? I also use HP workstations which I will trial test but I bought the the best version of MacBook Pro and your software sucks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: oxenburgh2011

Not JUST MacBook Pro but also a MacPro Tower!

If you're running anything earlier, do NOT upgrade. I tried 2013 at a friend's studio and it actually performed ok.

I tried 2015 on a MacPro Tower and, after sitting through "Viewport 2.0 Processing..." for 5 minutes, by 19th time, I decided it was unfit for production. Autodesk has a LOT of homework ahead of them.

Very disappointed.

Message 3 of 4
lucericr
in reply to: oxenburgh2011

Many of us in the development team work on MacBook Pros, actually, and I'm also developping on a Mac Pro, although I'm on 10.9.4.  I probably have the exact same macbook pro that you do.    I'm not sure what problem you are running into.  Maya 2015 is using Viewport 2.0 by default, so perhaps you can switch to legacy viewport for a while to see if the problem is opengl-related.

Message 4 of 4
vendemechiles
in reply to: lucericr

Hi lucericr, yup the problem must be opengl but my macbook pro 2014 wont work on legacy or after changing to maya clark shading etc. It's impossible to work on 2015 whatsoever.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report