Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Installer Says Maya Is Already Installed When It's Not

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Starchilde
1897 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2015 Installer Says Maya Is Already Installed When It's Not

Hi folks - help! I have had nothing but trouble installing Maya 2015. Initially I ran afould of my antivirus program and Maya 2015 failed to install. Now I  have have uninstalled all Autodesk programs on my machine, and sanitized the regisitry. However, when I attempt to install Maya, it tells me it is already installed. How do I fix this and get a clean install?

I am at wits end with this. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Starchilde, 

Welcome to the community!

For this error, do try using the Microsoft Fix it tool. For more details, do click this link

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 3

Thank you very much! I have to say, the first time I tried using the Microsoft Fix It tool, it seemed to hang up. It did so the second time, but I let it run for at least a half hour before killing it. The third time I ran it, no trace of Maya 2015 was found. I proceeded with the installation - which stopped briefly saying it had to remove a previous install - and it worked perfectly. Maya 2015 is running well on my machine now.

Again, thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report