Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 installation 'missing file'

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Resturgence
879 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2015 installation 'missing file'

I did a 'browser download' of Maya 2015 with student license for Windows, and it is 'missing' a file. I tried the download and installation again, this time disabling my firewall and AVG anti-virus software, but after a few attempts I still keep getting this message:

maya-error.png

I checked my virus vault, and nothing had been put in there.

The 'Install Now' and 'Download Now' options didn't work for me; I have no idea what to try next, other than download the install file from a campus PC and bring it home with me. But I don't know if the problem is occurring at the download stage or the install stage 😕

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Resturgence

Use the Browser Download option via the Virtual Agent and read this post regarding the missing file.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6
Resturgence
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thank you. Downloading via the Virtual Agent solved my problem.

Message 4 of 6
bluerinse
in reply to: Resturgence

I also used browser download but can't find these mysterious "2 files" for the installation. The installation files are too large for my broadband quota and hence I must download them on my laptop at school (not Windows), bring them home and install them on my Windows desktop where I will be doing my assignments in Maya.

Where can I find the files necessary to download via the browser? I can only find one (1.8GB). I can not download files like this directly to my installation machine at home as they exceed my download quota. Hence I need to download them at university via my laptop and bring the files home.

Message 5 of 6
bluerinse
in reply to: bluerinse

Ok this odd, or maybe I missed something. When I tried downloading from my computer (browser download) I could only get what seems like the first file (1.75 GB) without any mention of the mysterious 2nd file.

I tried again via a computer on campus and the browser method downloaded two files (1.75 GB and 13.0 MB).

I still need to get these installation files home before I know they work. I have no problems with connection to the internet for activation (just the size of the download), so hoping all is good to go.

Side Note: Is there really a need to have two seperate files? I was expecting two huge files, split to reduce the size of individual downloads. But the second one is only 13 MB. Why make things unnecessarily difficult Autodesk?

Message 6 of 6
madsen777
in reply to: bluerinse

... and the problem continues... virtual agent is the only solution that actually works?

Why not just fix your problems? or warn people to start doing the virtual agent method

so they don't waste an hour fiddling with that row of  almost slot machine like methodes.

I for one would love to get that hour back 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report