Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Extension 1 will not install

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
zwickarr
836 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2015 Extension 1 will not install

Im running Maya 2015 sp4 on a floating licence. I run the setup.exe and everything seems to install fine...green check marks. no errors, etc.  

I load up Maya and on the splash screen it still reads "Autodesk Maya 2015 Service Pack 4", I dont have any of the new features that get installed with EXT1. not sure what is going on. 

Tried the following:

• disabling startup services/processes for extranneous items (diagnostic startup), then reinstalling
  • performing full uninstall/reinstall of Maya
  • this includes removing registry entries and trying the MS Fixit tool for full removal
  • copying the installed files from another source
  • performing repair of extension 1 after installation
  • installing the SP4 update and extension individually

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
_sebastian_f
in reply to: zwickarr

don´t really get what and in which order you are doing it but you don´t need to install sp4 prior to the extension 1 because ext1 includes all the service packs. and i´m pretty sure you should not install sp4 after you run the patch for the ext1. didn´t try but sounds like if you do/did this you patch it back to sp4 only if this is possible. so correct order Maya2015 sp doesn´t matter > run extension 1 patch. done!
Message 3 of 5
zwickarr
in reply to: _sebastian_f

@_sebastian_f wrote:
don´t really get what and in which order you are doing it but you don´t need to install sp4 prior to the extension 1 because ext1 includes all the service packs. and i´m pretty sure you should not install sp4 after you run the patch for the ext1. didn´t try but sounds like if you do/did this you patch it back to sp4 only if this is possible. so correct order Maya2015 sp doesn´t matter > run extension 1 patch. done!

Message 4 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: zwickarr

Hello zwickarr,

I just encountered this issue today and in the case I encountered the root cause was a MAYA_LOCATION environment variable that was set but pointing to the path of a previous Maya Install. You may just want to delete that variable and reboot the system and then try the install again. If Maya extension already shows on your list of installed programs you will need to uninstall it first. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 5
zwickarr
in reply to: asburyj

you did it! thank you so much Jeff!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report