Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Ext1 requires a new license

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rimcrazy
485 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2015 Ext1 requires a new license

While it is not mentioned ANYWHERE, apparently Ext 1 requires a new license.   I usually do not install the Ext packs as, while they are sometimes interesting, in the past AD made the install create unique paths that ended up breaking all of my plug-ins.  I use a network license.  I do not use the node lock install.  I know my license manager is working just fine as my laptop fires up 2014 and 2015 SP3 fine.  I have 2015 Ext 1 installed on my main workstation and I am now down for 2 days and counting.  I am a subscription customer and filed a case (ID: 09974434)  but I've not heard a peep.  I simply figured I'd try making a post on the form to see if I can get some attention this way.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Ed_Pina
in reply to: rimcrazy

That's weird. I've just installed Extension 1 over my previous SP3 (linux) and everything is working fine. Both nodelocked and network licenses are working.

Message 3 of 5
rimcrazy
in reply to: Ed_Pina

That is a very good input.  Thank you.  I installed Ext1 on my workstation and it did the usual on a patch install.  When I open it the first time it can't find the license server so I have to type in the name of the server.  It half pukes on the open and says it cannot find a license and quits.  In the past, it always did this but when I went to open the next time it finds the license fine and all is working.  I figured since my laptop is working my license server is find.  I check the lmgrd status and it appears to be running fine.  This obviously means something is amiss with my workstation install.  I believe I know where to look, I will just have to dig into it.  Been buried the past few days and have not had time to get to it but I will check it out today.

Thanks again.

Phil

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 4 of 5
rimcrazy

Well, everything now appears to be broken.  I uninstalled 2015, did a reboot, and then did an install.  I opened up the file and I now get the two attached License Error's.   I'm at a loss as the LICPATH.LIC on my two machines (laptop and desktop) is exactly the same as is my Maya.env  My laptop works and my desktop gives me the errors on the screenshot below.  I've googled this error and found some things around the web but basically all of them say to open up the LICPATH.LIC file and do edits that look exactly like my file:

SERVER ratchet 0
USE_SERVER

where ratchet is my license server.  My license.env file (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015\bin) looks like:

MAYA_LICENSE=unlimited
MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD=network

my Maya.env located at C:\Documents and Settings\user\Documents\maya\2015-x64 looks like:

MAYA_LICENSE=unlimited
MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD=network

From the screenshot below my workstation can clearly see my license server by name.

Is there some kind of log somewhere I can look on this to see possibly what is going on?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 5 of 5
rimcrazy

Ok, issue resolved, although I'm not sure I understand why.  The error message that I was receiving that stated -

a valid license could not be obtained error[-4.132.0]

This indicates that all valid licenses, in my case, 2015, had been checked out.  Saying that instead of error[-4.132.0] might be just a tad more discriptive but none the less, this is what that means.  This was especially confusing as I could start 2015 on my laptop fine.  Regardless, restarting my license server and restarting the license daemon fixed the issue.

So, contrary to my initial title, 2015 Ext1 does NOT require a new license.  One might say that there is something amiss with AD's license server but thats a different issue.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report