Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 then Maya 2015 fail on start

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sergio_compean
435 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2014 then Maya 2015 fail on start

Hi all, I had been running Maya 2014 Desktop Subscription on Windows 7 just fine since I had signed up.  However recently I started getting the following dialogs on start.  I should note that I uninstalled Maya 2014 and then installed Maya 2015 with the same outcome.  The screenshots say Maya 2015 but the same dialogs displayed for Maya 2014.  

maya error 1.png

After clicking the Quit button i get the following dialog.

maya error 2.png

I've done the following to remediate but all resulted in the same error dialogs shown above:

1. Installed SP5
  2. Changed installed directory to C:\Autodesk
  3. Cleaned up app data files (local, roaming, programdata) 
  4. Shut down wireless and restarted
  5. Started Maya as administrator
  6. Reinstalled Maya by right-clicking and running as administrator

What am I missing here?  Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @sergio_compean, 

For the error on the first screenshot, please refer to this link for the troubleshooting steps. For the "License was not obtained" error, please make sure you have installed the latest Service Packs

Let us know if you're still having errors or submit a Technical Support case in Sub Center. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 3

Thank you very much Joane!  The SP installation resolved the problem.  I should note that I did the SP5 installation via the Application Manager.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report