Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 "Not Responding" - sudden freezing on laptop with Windows 8.1

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
amirnol
1851 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2014 "Not Responding" - sudden freezing on laptop with Windows 8.1

Looking for a solution to an issue I've been having with a newly installed Maya 2014. I recently upgraded from Win 8 to 8.1, but this issue has presisted on both versions.

I am using both Viewport 2.0 and the Camera Sequencer. My scenes are not very heavy and run extremely well while working. The issue comes up seemingly at random when I am scrubbing in the timeline or when I do a playblast: the program freezes, shows up as "Not Responding" in Task Manager, and I have no choice but to force the program closed. 

I am using a Laptop, here is some information for my machine:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131006-1505)
System Manufacturer: MSI_NB
System Model: CZ-17
BIOS: CZ-17 E1762II1 Ver:3.0O
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16280MB RAM
Page File: 4425MB used, 14799MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Display Device:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M

Memory Type: GDDR5

Memory Size: 3072 MB

I should also mention that I have NVIDIA Optimus technology, but it appears that Maya is indeed running on the NVIDIA card and not the Intel Integrated Graphics. Any advice would be extremely appreciated, I have tried many possible solutions with no luck. I've been using Maya for years and have never encountered this problem. I also use Maya 2014 at work on Win 7, and on a machine less powerful than my home laptop, but with zero issues at work. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ChrisFarmer07
in reply to: amirnol

I also have this problem, i've tried everything from uninstalling to re-installing it. Even updating my drivers. I've run out of ideas.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
mangeras127
in reply to: ChrisFarmer07

Having this problem whenever I attempt to translate/rotate/scale or change certain options. Already tried reinstalling and updating drivers. Please help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report