Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 error 110 turned into something else

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hunterw022
792 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2014 error 110 turned into something else

Hi,

I downloaded the student version of Maya 2014 a few days ago. I got the error 110 problem that is covered here . From there, it said I'd have to reset Standalone licensing, which required me to uninstall Maya by deleting certain folders (backburner?) . I followed all the instructions (including copying backups of the folders I would be deleting) but I could not find the folder called FLEXnet Publisher anywhere. I don't think there's anything called FLEXnet anything on my computer. I did everything else, and reinstalled.

So with a new reinstalled Maya 2014 (SP3),  it seems like the licensing problem (error 110) is no longer an issue. I put in my activation code and Maya loaded up. But now Maya just starts with a big "Command Window" that shows a bunch of stuff, including some stuff that says:

// Error: Unable to dynamically load : libUIComponents.dylib
dlsym(0x11aa8c440, _JasperSliceDummyFunc): symbol not found // 

// Error: DSO <libUIComponents.dylib> failed to load properly or perhaps commandList is incorrect. // 

// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.1.5 (built May 23 2013 14:27:12)

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "rebuildShowMenu". // 

// Error: line 86: Cannot find procedure "buildDefaultHotBoxMenu". // 

That's just the top of it. I don't really know what any of this means, and googling it didn't help. Anyway, when this window pops up with all this, it eventually freezes, asks me if I want to save as a student version,freezes again, and gives me the Error Report window saying that Maya crashed. Here's the Error Report Details:

Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 6.44.30 PM.png

I've tried several tries uninstalling and reinstalling, and it gives me the same result every time now. I feel like I shouldn't have deleted those backburner and ADLM folders (I have no idea what they are) -- but I do have them copied as backups on my desktop if that helps. And I'm pretty sure my laptop meets the system requirements for Maya 2014. Here is what my computer looks like:

Mac OS X mid-2010

Version 10.9.1

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Thank you for any help in advance! Let me know if any more info would help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeanpierre
in reply to: hunterw022

I have exactly the same problem..

Message 3 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: jeanpierre

1.  Make sure you are on 10.9.x.

2.  Delete prefs and test Maya.  /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/version

3.  Then try intalling SP4.

No need to delete the .data files as it will force a re-activation of the software.  My notes are here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/reset-standalone-licensing-on-the-mac.html

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report