Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 constantly crashes in viewport...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
cloudscape
872 Views, 9 Replies

Maya 2014 constantly crashes in viewport...

Hi this has been driving me absolutely crazy!! 

I downloaded Maya 2014 about a month ago and it has been problematic since the start. At first I couldn't open it due to a licensing error (which is now fixed) but now it refuses to work. 

My issue is that whenever I open 2014 it usually opens but I am unable to click on or navigate around it at all. Then the second most common issue is that it will open and I am able to use the tabs across the top menu in Maya but anything within the viewport I cannot move. I cannot use alt and mouse to move it or access anything in the channel box. 

I run Maya 2014 on my laptop which has an Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz processor and 6gb of RAM. My system meets the requirements for Maya 2014 and could run Maya 2013 which is still installed but now also has the same problem as 2014. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
n8skow
in reply to: cloudscape

What graphics processor?

I suspect your laptop has one of the Intel GMA series graphics accelerators - which unfortunately is not suitable for Maya's OpenGL display.

Message 3 of 10
shawn
in reply to: n8skow

I have the same issue with a brand new HP zbook 17. The Laptop your site recomended.  I have have an I7 4700MQ with a Quadro and running win 7 pro. Any other Ideas what ccould be causing it???

Message 4 of 10
n8skow
in reply to: shawn

Shawn - what graphics drivers are you currently running?

Message 5 of 10
shawn

Quadro k3100m - 9.18.13.2731
Intel HD Graphics -10.18.10.3412

--
Thank you for your time
Shawn@animateshawn.com
415-460-5111
Message 6 of 10
n8skow

Try disabling the Intel graphics (to force Maya to use the Quadro).

Message 7 of 10
Powersmash

I have the same problem that the guy mention for the hp zbook 17 where Maya 2014 is crashing even though it is recomennding by Autodesk and should run the program just fine. How do you disable Intel to force the Quadro card to run Maya?

Message 8 of 10
shawn

The issue ended up being the Evoluent sideways mouse. It does not work well with Maya Motionbuilder mudbox or Camtasia sudio. I had to uninstall the drivers and restart teh machine to get my drivers working again. I tried to talk to customer support but the guy was an **** and blew me off. It is all good my $20 dollar Adesso sidways mouse works just as well. Too bad I really loved that mouse.

Message 9 of 10
Powersmash

Thanks for the reply, how did you get Maya 2014 to work? Where did you install the drivers? I'm kinda clueless as to why Maya 2014 crashes at startup

Message 10 of 10
shawn
in reply to: Powersmash

The Maya install was not really the issue for me. It is a bit obtuse but it seems to work well. Just press the button and keep saying yes and it should install everything you need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report