Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2011 on Mac OSX "error 20"

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
696 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2011 on Mac OSX "error 20"

Hey everyone,

I'm a new member, and was hoping that someone could help me get up and running with maya 2011. I'm an art student, and I downloaded Maya 2011 off the Autodesk website for use with school work in the fall, however, I'm having some issues. It installed fine (so far as I know, anyway), but when I try to open the program, I get the following message:

License was not obtained
Tried Maya 2011 (657C1 2011.0.0.F), error 20

License method:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:
environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

I've searched high and low for an answer, but I haven't come across one yet, despite two days of searching. I'm hoping someone here can help me with the solution. In case anyone has any idea what's going on here, I'll list my computer's software and hardware specifications, etc.

MacBook Pro, mid-2009 unibody, 2.53 GHz intel core 2 duo, 4 gigs of ram, 256mb NVidia GeForce 9400M graphics card.

Currently, I am running OSX Snow Leopard, version 10.6.4, on a recently replaced 320 gig hard drive (fresh from apple yesterday).

I also have the serial number and activation codes for Maya, and as far as I know, I installed it all properly, which is why I'm stumped. A HUGE thanks in advance to anyone who can provide any help at all (even if it's not much in your eyes, it'll make a world of difference to me).

Also, as I'm a new member, I apologize if this has been discussed before, however I did a search and nothing came up for me. Additionally, I've read the user installation manual (it bears no mention of this problem) and I've scoured the Autodesk website. Seeing as all of these labours have fallen short of the mark, this post is as much a plea as a question, if you get my meaning!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
MichielDuvekot3232
in reply to: Anonymous

For similar problems Autodesk Support has recommended to remove

/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm/.config/*.pit
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

and then reinstall
Message 3 of 9
n8skow

If you downloaded the 30-day demo - you don't enter a serial number or product code...
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

No, it was the full download, complete with a 13 month license.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: MichielDuvekot3232

When you say "remove", you mean delete entirely?

And this may sound somewhat idiotic, but how do you uninstall Maya cleanly? I've been looking for a sort of uninstall icon, or by right clicking on the icon, etc. but I haven't found anything yet. Sorry for the "elementary" questions!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: MichielDuvekot3232

Additionally, there isn't an Autodesk Folder under application support for some reason. And when I search for "adlm", I find a folder that contains a subfolder titled "R1", inside that there are two files titled "LMU" and "LTU".

Is it possible that it installed incorrectly? Should I just uninstall and reinstall before trying anything else?

Also, if I search for "FLEXnet" it returns 0 items. Any ideas?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

After removing all Autodesk software from my Mac and reinstalling Maya I got the same error again. Then I decided to remove (rm -rf) the folder /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher and restarted Maya. I had to authorize it again, but it started fine then.
Message 8 of 9
Imani-Gray

Although the topic is old if anyone gets this problem again Make sure the FLEXnet Licensing service is checked on under MsConfig > Services tab

Im pretty sure this will save one from deleting files that seem important or files that will just recreate themselves
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Imani-Gray

Imani Gray: which part of OSX did you miss? 😎

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report