Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 3d 2015 SP1 exe not msp

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Dazzman
1955 Views, 9 Replies

Max 3d 2015 SP1 exe not msp

The latest service pack for 2015 3dsMaxDesign2015_SP1.exe doesn't extract to an .msp so how to I add it to my network deployment the 2014 sp's were .msp extensions by default any ideas?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
darawork
in reply to: Dazzman

The listed "3dsMaxDesign2015_SP1.exe" is nowhere to be found too. /facepalm

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 10
Dazzman
Message 4 of 10
darawork

Fatal error from MsiInstaller during installation, see screengrab below.

From Windows Event Viewer: "Product: Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2015 - Update 'Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2015 SP1' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Windows Installer can create logs to help troubleshoot issues with installing software packages. Use the following link for instructions on turning on logging support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=23127"

Of course, to add insult to injury, the http link stating how to 'turn on logging' does not even apply to Windows 7... the very OS EventViewer is being run on.

I have tried to right-click and install as Administrator. No luck. I have full privileges on my account. UAC is turned off.

I give up...

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 5 of 10
Steve_Curley
in reply to: darawork

Just installed it (for Max, not Design - it IS a separate download) - no real issues. The installer needs some work as there are buttons you can't interact with until it's complete (and then only "Done").

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 6 of 10

same problem for service pack (??) Recap

when you try:

recapSP.exe /e recapSP.msp

it starts the service pack and does not convert it into a .msp

so how do we add it to a existing deployment?

what you can do, is edit the deployment, and include the service pack by downloading it there

(so it you have two or more deployments you have to download it more than once..)

If this answers your question then please select "Accept as Solution"
Kudo's are also appreciated Smiley Wink

Succes on your project, and have a nice day

Herm Jan

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

You can use something like win RAR or whatever to extract a .msp out of it; problem is I still get the same error.

Max 2015 is uber cool, but extremely buggy, even the updates are buggy.

Message 8 of 10
jonathan.matthews
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 9 of 10

Hi Mr. Matthews,

I'm using 3ds max 2015. I' ve had also problems with installing the SP1.

I transform the exe file to msp file. Although I've got this strange error message ".... Could not write value CoreFiles to key \Products\7CE73B25638D01403046C342CBDE0201\Features. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.", it seems it worked.

My screenshot shows my product status  I obviously have Product Version: 17.0 SP1 commercial

Am I right?

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Blendder6.0

Used open source/free utility to extract MSP from update/service pack executables. Works a treat.

http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report