Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2014 Can't Install Service packs

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
smartin193
705 Views, 4 Replies

Max 2014 Can't Install Service packs

Just did a fresh format and Installed Max 2014. Runs fine. I tried to install Service Pack 1,2,3 and none installed. Can't get past the dialog box that says it is gathering info to install and then I have to hit the cancel button.

I then tried to install just the 3rd pack hoping it was a cumulative service pack. Still no install. Do I run each pack or can I just keep trying to install #3?

Turned off my virus and malware protection, firewall, still no install. Before I reformatted the hard drive I had all service packs etc. installed and Max 2014 was running fine. Now I can't proceed. This is frustrating due to the Nitrous viewport did not get a driver configuration fix until the service packs were installed. Will have to go back to using the Nitrous script for the viewport fix. Any suggestions? Yes, I need a new computer but can't afford to go that route yet.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: smartin193

For starters there are 5 Service Packs for Max2014, not 3, and yes they are cumulative (no need to install previous SPs) as clearly noted in the ReadMe.
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads
The SPs do take a long time to install - make sure you're not just cancelling them for no reason.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 5
smartin193
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Steve:

Thanks for the info. Up and running now.

Message 4 of 5
smartin193
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Solved.
Message 5 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: smartin193

I love it when a plan comes together 😉
Glad you're all sorted.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report