Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License file works for one license but not another

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ahmitche
248 Views, 4 Replies

License file works for one license but not another

I have been trying to get a new license added to the license server at my institute. I requested a new license file from autodesk which contains all the licenses we currently have. I copied the file to the server and added it as the new license file. I did a stop/start/reread and was able to get one of the new products to pull a license (Maya2015) however the product which was functioning with my original license (EMS2015) will no longer pull a license. I tried restarting the entire Windows Server 2008 R2 server which runs my license server and had the same problem. I then added my old license file back and was able to get EMS2015 to work again. Autodesk is telling me that there is not a problem with my license file and not offering any support beyond knowledge base and forums. Can anyone explain how this could be a problem with something other than my license file when I can only use one or the other program which are both installed on the same computer and contained in the same license file?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: ahmitche

were both of these licenses generated the same day and combined together

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
ahmitche
in reply to: DarrenP

The license file came from autodesk and I did not edit it at all.  The licenses were requested on different dates but the license file was delivered as one .lic file.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: ahmitche

thats probably why its not working

the license files need to be generated the same day and combined together for the cascading to work correctly

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/combining-license-files-for-subscription-and-no...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
ahmitche
in reply to: DarrenP

I did not combine any license files.  The file came from autodesk support as one .lic file containing EMS2014, EMS2013, AutoCad Mac 2014, and ECS2015.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report