Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good budget GPU?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
macuser1298
1258 Views, 4 Replies

Is this a good budget GPU?

I am planning to build a PC for about 1000 dollars.Would the NVIDIA GTX 750 ti be a good GPU for a student learning Maya and Inventor? Or is it worth the extra money to get a higher level card , like the GTX 970 or 980?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pshwayka
in reply to: macuser1298

Your safest bet is to go with something on the Autodesk Certified Hardware list.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Message 3 of 5
macuser1298
in reply to: pshwayka

That list seem outdated, and most are over my budget. The question is , at what price point is the increase in performance not worth spending more?

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: macuser1298

Your budget might be a tad low.  You're going to have to compromise at some point, and your system is only as good as the tighest bottleneck.  In other words, you can't get a kick-*** video card and a pokey i3 processor, or a top-end overclocked i7 processor and "only" 8 GB RAM - everything works together.  Bump it up another $500 or so and get "good but not exceptional" for everything.

For student use the video card should be sufficient.  Don't worry too much about Inventor, as anything that runs Maya well should handle Inventor well too.

"Certification" doesn't cover what would be considered gaming cards, as there are FAR too many different brands and versions of drivers to properly test.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
jbbarnette427
in reply to: dgorsman

would try to get the 970 for sure. Also I cannot overstated getting a good CPU. And if you are gonna be doing Sim or dynamics work I would suggest at least 16GB of ram on windows.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report