Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Host Identifier when installing license

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1339 Views, 8 Replies

Invalid Host Identifier when installing license

I'm a student who just purchased the student version of Maya 2009 and am on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.6. I was taken to the registration/activation website to generate a license with my serial number from the DVD case. After copying and pasting the license text info into the AutoDesk Configuration Wizard, it came back saying the installation was incomplete and that no features were installed. When restarting Maya after that, I got a dialogue saying something about a "Licensing Error has Occured. Please see the console window for details." Then it opens my console and in there is a line that says something like, "Alias: Could not find the license server". I got the same results when choosing the license installation via file option with the file that was emailed to me by Autodesk. After finding out that the AutoDesk site had sent me a server license instead of a stand alone license, I called up the product registration hotline and spoke with a rep who emailed me what was supposed to be a standalone license file. She asked me for the MAC address on my computer which I gave to her. I then removed the aw_server.dat file from the flexlm folder in Finder and went back into the Configuration Wizard and tried the license installation with the new info that was emailed to me and this time, I cannot go further because it keeps saying there is an error with the license and the error reason given is that the host identifier is invalid. I've verified over and over again that the host identifier matches up with my MAC address and it is correct in the license file. Is there something else the the host ID should be in the license file instead of my MAC address? Is there any solution to this so I can open up Maya.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you sure that you have read the right Host ID in your mac to send at Autodesk?
in the network utility you must read the "Hardware Address" of "Network interface (en0) and not (en1) or other...........

check this...........

I hope this is of some Help....
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I did as you suggested. I opened my System Profiler, grabbed my Hardware MAC address for my built-in ethernet and subbed that info in place of the previous host info I had, which was from my MAC address for my Airport. This time the invalid error went away and I was able to proceed with the installation. It then said the installation completed after I re-entered my password, but Maya did not open automatically as it is supposed to. When I went back to open Maya by double clicking it's icon, it brought back up the Configuration wizard again as if the license never installed, even though the file does now exist in my var/flexlm folder.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

i think that Maya is not able to find the licence file ; you have a license file ? I understand well ?
The license file is called aw.dat and contain the key generated from Autodesk and based on your mac Hardware ID.

However........check to find the aw.dat file that contain the license for Maya and install it from the OPA Tool.

Follow the file pdf. that I have attached at this mail....to find the path where is the aw.dat file.
Important !! .....the file must to be in "var/flexlm" folders directory. In the pdf. i show you my path directory, it is possible that your it is different; when you'll find the aw.file, tap and go forward ...........to complete the installation......
If the problem is this you will have.....to do a Goal ...

14994_ZZjxl1JXIiCkhvpgz52v.pdf

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I followed the path showed in your PDF and found my file there and chose it. It was accepted, but still saying that installation was incomplete and no features were installed. I've attached a pic of the window with the installation result and the log report open on it.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

But you have had jet, another version of Maya installed on your computer ?
Because i have had the same problem when I shift from maya 6.5 to 7.5: i had mistake to choose the aw.dat file of the older version, so the message error was the same that i see in the pdf. that you send me: "Imput license contains 1 licence(s) matching this computer".
Verify the maya version corresponding license aw.dat file information opening it with text edit application.
I attach you an pdf. with the look of an installation file of Maya 8.5 unlimited installed on one of my Mac.

.......but you sad me that you have a student version of maya 2009; now i have a doubt that maybe the install file can be different.
Check the file contained of your aw.dat file

15009_lnNfdDYu0dlGQH5rRYsh.pdf

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Another thing:
verify that the HostID, in the aw.dat matching with your right hardware address (en0).....see the pdf. attached

15011_bQiG7jWu7Qw4DmqA3qRE.pdf

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Here's what my file looks like.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I don't know this type of file license structure, because always I have had a "permanent uncounted" file license (the typology that i send you). But your license appear right; as I understand it, you have a license that expire in 11-feb-2010 that it is possible if you have a license student.

the only thing that can I think is:
the HOSTID (that I see in your pdf.), it is the same of your right hardware address (en0) of your mac ?...........sorry if I ask you an other time; but this is very strange because your license should be work well, infact Autodesk generate the "uncounted 1FFF5094EEF0" based on your hardware ID

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report