Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error 2753 3DMax can't be uninstalled

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
3741 Views, 1 Reply

Internal Error 2753 3DMax can't be uninstalled

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, so please advise me if I am doing anything wrong.

Program: 3DS MAX 2009 32BIT, Windows XP SP2

Recently, I moved my 3DMAX folder from my primary installation drive C: to my external harddrive, and it worked. However, it stopped working today, so I deleted the entire folder and attempted to reinstall the program, but the installation wizard shows that the program is still installed. I checked the Add/Remove Program in my Control Panel, and indeed, it still shows 3DS MAX 2009 as installed, along with libraries, plugins, movies, and bluerock. When I try to remove 3DS MAX 2009, an 'Internal Error 2753' appears, and the uninstallation fails.

So I can't uninstall the program and I can't reinstall it either. I have tried repairing the program in Drive C:, but it only recovers the libraries, etc but not 3DMax.exe. I have also tried deleting everything except turbosquid and bluerock(which I can't find), and reboot my computer, but neither of these has worked.

Any ideas?

Chin
Archi-intern
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't forget Google when you have a specific error number. This one appears to come from Windows. Here's one fix I found:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5047270_fix-internal-error.html

--Cy--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report