Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install 3ds Max 2015 or any Autodesk program

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
cesern
2168 Views, 10 Replies

I can't install 3ds Max 2015 or any Autodesk program

I haven’t used 3ds Max for a while, I've been trying to install 3ds max 2015 trial, I'm clicking the set up exe and it doesn’t respond or load the installation or do anything, I also tried the 2014, 13 and 12 and they are also all unresponsive and doesn’t load up the installation.

I also tried installing Maya and AutoCAD and they are also unresponsive 

This is very weird; I never had any problem installing any Autodesk program in the past.

I uninstalling all Autodesk related programs; I manually removed any Autodesk related folders such as the app and temporary folders. I tried restarting the computer countless of times, disabling antivirus and firewall, I updated windows, uninstalled and reinstall Visual ++; scanned and fixed errors with windows optimisers; I also tried the Microsoft Fixit program. The computer has a good health status. What’s interesting is I tried doing the same on my laptop and is all the same, I’m I the only one experiencing this problem or is there something silly that I’m missing. I’m doing everything from the administrator account; I don’t know what else to try

I will be very grateful if you could help with any advice or if you had the same problem what did you do that fixed the problem.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
darawork
in reply to: cesern

Hi, that does sound nasty alright.

I read that you had tried MicroSoft Fix-it, but did you try this one specifically? http://support2.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

Also, I know it's obvious but have you been trying to install 32bit or 64bit versions?

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

i had recently a similar experience on a coworkers computer, he was unable to install other autodesk 2015 apps/components. turned out that autodesk application manager was the problem. solution was to locate it in the taskbar and exit the application manager before starting the installer/setup... good luck 🙂
Message 4 of 11
cesern
in reply to: darawork

Thank you for your reply Darawork. The Install and uninstall program is exactly the one I used. I have a 64bit windows 7 operating system. Before any download I always make sure I get the 64bit version. I just double check and is seems right.

(http://efulfillment.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/3DSMAX/DLM/Autodesk_3ds_Max_2015_EFGJKS_Win_64bit_R2...

I don’t understand, all other programs have no problem and installs well, adobe programs install well, zbrush and many more. but nothing from Autodesk, nothing happens when you click the set up exe, not even an error, is almost like if windows was ignoring the double click. I'm trying to find out if is possible to load the installation from the CMD. 

Thank you Darawork, I will post if I find a solution

Message 5 of 11
cesern
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for your reply Bernilatilli, I haven’t thought about that. I already uninstalled and removed everything related to Autodesk, I just double checked and dont have Autodesk Application manager, although maybe something similar might be going on, perhaps there is a program similar to Autodesk Application manager that’s preventing the installer from loading. I just don’t know which program it could be. I'm going to investigate my programs.

Thanks Bernilatilli

Message 6 of 11
darawork

Sometimes AutoDesk Application Manager does stay resident in memory after uninstalling AutoDesk software, I've heard of that happening before. I would imagine it would clear itself out after a reboot though. Perhaps check task manager to make sure it's gone completely.

I've found I/Obit Uninstaller Standard to be quite good for clearing out remenants of partial uninstallations, but only if you use it to initially uninstall the problem program. If you use it after uninstalling through control panel then it cant do its job fully.

Have you tried CCleaner to give the PC a quick sweep?

I wonder what installer shell AutoDesk use to install their software? You know the way Adobe use their Air interface, Microsoft .MSI,  / WISE installer shell etc.... Perhaps part of the AutoDesk installer runtime is corrupted? I really don't know too much about that end of programming though. 😕

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 7 of 11
darawork

Also, do you have UAC enabled? What level?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7

Darawork
AutoDesk User

Message 8 of 11
cesern
in reply to: darawork

Hi Darawork, I still cant run the installer.I have the UAC at the lowest level in never notify me, I also used ccleaner, the task manager doesnt show me any autodesk applications, 

Message 9 of 11
cesern

I uninstall my antivirus bitdefender and the problem is now fixed. Now I know I should never trust the antivirus disable feature, you have to uninstal the antivirus to make sure it doesnt block your autodesk instalations. thanks 

Message 10 of 11
sardonix

Hi,

I'm getting a "Network Error" screen whan I try to install the max 2015 educational version.  Nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

SL

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: sardonix

Hi, good day!

I have the same problem as you, especially when it's already time for Autodesk Application Manager to be downloaded. I also get the Network Error message though there has been an internet connection. Please help us regarding this! Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report