Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Maya 2014 SP4?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Saleem360
1283 Views, 2 Replies

How to install Maya 2014 SP4?

Anyone know now do I install Maya 2014 SP4. I currently have Maya 2014 SP2. I'm running Windows 8. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Saleem360

Hi Saleem,

Welcome to the Community. The service pack is a full product installation on all operating systems. You will need to uninstall your existing Maya application before installing the SP4 release.

Kindly refer to the links below for more information:

Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 4

Autodesk Maya 2014 SP4 Release Notes

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

I have the student version of Maya 2014 ..  and I have installed many plugins to this app...so  ..if I have to reinstall then I would presume that I will lose all them also?? ..then have to reinstall them ??  it seems to me that Autodesk has 2 diff policies or procedures for Svc Pks...some apps ..like 3DS Max, you can run the ".msi" ,and retain your install..why does Maya choose to do a new install ?...that's an awful lot of time to reinstall everything and redo your preferences,rendering settings, and all else...that seems to be quite a time consumer...so why doesn't Maya make it easier on all of us users and change the way we have to install a service pack?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report