Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Maya 2014 SP4?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Saleem360
1281 Views, 2 Replies

How to install Maya 2014 SP4?

Anyone know now do I install Maya 2014 SP4. I currently have Maya 2014 SP2. I'm running Windows 8. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Saleem360

Hi Saleem,

Welcome to the Community. The service pack is a full product installation on all operating systems. You will need to uninstall your existing Maya application before installing the SP4 release.

Kindly refer to the links below for more information:

Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 4

Autodesk Maya 2014 SP4 Release Notes

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 3
scooterabc
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

I have the student version of Maya 2014 ..  and I have installed many plugins to this app...so  ..if I have to reinstall then I would presume that I will lose all them also?? ..then have to reinstall them ??  it seems to me that Autodesk has 2 diff policies or procedures for Svc Pks...some apps ..like 3DS Max, you can run the ".msi" ,and retain your install..why does Maya choose to do a new install ?...that's an awful lot of time to reinstall everything and redo your preferences,rendering settings, and all else...that seems to be quite a time consumer...so why doesn't Maya make it easier on all of us users and change the way we have to install a service pack?

Thanks

kickaha
win7 pro 64bit sp1
intel i7 975 xtreme -NO oc
gigabyte x58a udr3 v2 mobo
24gig ram
MSI GTX680 4gig video card

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report