Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH 3DS MAX design download -Does anyone know why this is happening?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mel
Observer
442 Views, 4 Replies

HELP WITH 3DS MAX design download -Does anyone know why this is happening?

Hi there,

Firstly please be nice I dont really know that much about computers, well a little but just basics.

Im trying to download the 3DS MAX Design student version on my MAC. I have parallels and run windows xp. I have been successful in getting 3DS MAX running but Im studying interior design and actually need 3DSM design. I have tried 2012 and 2013 but no luck. Is it because my windows is such an old version or can anyone think of what it might be? Would love some help need to learn this program asap!! .

Thanks so much

Mel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Mel

The only things you might need from Max Design are Civil View and Lighting Analysis. If not then normal Max should do you fine - you can set it to work exactly the same as Design. Might be a temporary solution until you can sort out the issue with Design.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 5
Mel
Observer
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the reply.
Ok so I can use 3dMax in much the same way as 3DMax design, ok. mmmmm do you know any good tutorials for interior design purposes? Im just trying to find the best program to do rendered rooms. At the moment I have the four perspectives open on 3DMax, should I be trying to change that to one perspective or just work as is?

Any tips/direction would be appreciated so much 🙂

Thanks
Mel Sherwell
Message 4 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Mel

4 Perspectives is, I think, unusual. Top/Front/Left (wireframe) and 1 perspective would be more normal. Also create a Camera (suitably positioned) - you can switch any of the viewports to "look through" the camera which you'll want to do when rendering anyway.
I'm not a design guy though many others here are - they'd be able to advise better than I can.

To "turn" Max into Design go to Customise > Custom UI and Defaults Switcher. Choose "DesignViz.mentalray" in the left-hand list then click Set. You'll probably need to close and reopen Max for some of the settings to take effect. If you're receiving instruction based specifically on Max Design then you'll have endless (minor) problems if you don't switch it.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 5
Mel
Observer
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Oh sorry, 4 views is what I should have said.

Ok thanks very much Steve, appreciate all that.
Ill give it a go 🙂

Cheers
Mel Sherwell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report