Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File3D plugin installation problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
f.maas-1
201 Views, 4 Replies

File3D plugin installation problems

Hi everone! I'm trying install the plugin File3D (http://johanneskopf.de/publications/solid/, download link is at the right bottom of the page), but it does not work. I created a folder called 'File3D' in the plug-ins folder containing three folders called 'plug-ins', 'scripts' and 'icons' and put the files in those folders. But when I try to load the plug-in in the plug-in manager, Maya gives an error because it cannot 'dynamically load' the plugin. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
_sebastian_f
in reply to: f.maas-1

because the latest version supported by the plugin is maya 8.5 .
Message 3 of 5
f.maas-1
in reply to: _sebastian_f

Thank you for the quick reply. Do you know any method to make the plug-in/code work anyways? Or do you know if we can still download Maya 8.5?

Message 4 of 5
_sebastian_f
in reply to: f.maas-1

i think your only chance will be to contact the author. i´m not a programmer but i guess without the sourcecode you can´t do anything to make it work in newer versions. getting maya 8.5...i don´t think it´s possible anymore but you can try contacting the support.
Message 5 of 5
f.maas-1
in reply to: _sebastian_f

Thank you for the answer again. I tried to contact the support, but the message showed up in this forum again. Could you advice me on how to contact the support?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report