Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change language to Japanese successfully?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
m.pleines
848 Views, 1 Reply

Change language to Japanese successfully?

Hi folks,

I'm in need of making use of a totally japanese system environment for using the Qumarion in Maya 2013.

First of all, this is the Qumarion and its developers say that it is only applicable on a japenese operating system. Previously I installed the Maya Plugin on an English OS. As soon as I hit the register button (inside of Maya) of the plugin, nothing happens. It is supposed to be that a window pops up with registration instructions.

After that I installed a fresh and native japenese Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with all necessary drivers on my pc. An english language pack has been installed as well, but has been uninstalled later on due to the fact that it still doesn't work.

Further on, it is really confusing that the language of Maya and the install shield wizard of the Qumarion Plugin use the wrong format. There is nearly none correct sign of the japanese language as you can see on the attached screenshot.

It kind of looks like that the register button triggers a system call which opens the registration tool (some screenshots of the japanese documentation illuistrates that). If the formatting doesn't work in Maya, the path to this system call might be corrupted/false.

Do you have any ideas about how to fix this? Any attempts which I could make use of to get the Qumarion running?

Thanks in advance!

I'll keep you updated on any further occasions.

Btw: I already tried this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
m.pleines
in reply to: m.pleines

Within the regions control, there is the administrative tab. After reinstalling the english language pack, I realized that this was still set to english. So changing this to japanese did solve this problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report