Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install 3DSMax 2015?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stephanygreen
584 Views, 3 Replies

Can't install 3DSMax 2015?

Hi,

I've been trying to download/install 3DSMax 2015 (free software student version) for the last week, I've tried several times to install it but it gets pretty far through the installation and then the installation fails. Looking through the error log it comes up with several errors, all related to specific files and an inability to verify the proxy? (I can't remember the exact wording, that was several installation attempts ago)

I've tried doing it with the Install Now feature, putting it into several different directories -- program files, program files (x86), C:/autodesk but the resultwas the same. I tried installing with the Download Now feature, thinking it might be an internet issue but the download got to 100% and just says "Canceled" with no particular explanation as to what happened, and without me manually cancelling it at any point.

Does anyone know what would be cuasing this? How do I fix it? I really want to run the latest version, because then I don't have to worry about the backwards compatibility when moving it between my computer and school computers, I really just prefer to be working with the latest version as well.

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 7220

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz processor

8.00 GB RAM (7.86 usable)

64-bit OS

Running Windows 8.1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I tried downloading it again, so I could get the error log and all.

fail.jpg

This is using the Install Now feature in the C:/program files/autodesk/ path.

Error log is attached

Thanks, bros!

Message 3 of 4
wynnmontana
in reply to: stephanygreen

I have the same error is there any fix for this yet?

Message 4 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: wynnmontana

Hello all!

Please try resolving this error by following this Autodesk Solution on how to resolve error 1603. Please let me know if this helps! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report