Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download Maya 2015 Student edition

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
asherel
3844 Views, 4 Replies

Can't download Maya 2015 Student edition

So I've been trying to install Maya 2015 Student edition for days, and nothing is working. I tried all three installation options on the website, and tried all the troubleshooting solutions I could find on the internet. I've gotten all sorts of errors from "Object already exists" (it doesn't, I deleted everything and started over) to it simply stopping the extraction process, to communication failure, to everything failing to install. If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful, as this is for school and I have deadlines :c

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AnthonyA
in reply to: asherel

I had the exact same issue yesturday, even the trial wouldn't install on my system (it said a file was missing).

An Autodesk Community Manager pointed me to their Virtual Agent which will give you direct acess to the download links for what program you want, the Maya download is in 2 parts (the Windows version, anyway), just download them both, then run the larger executable (the second one is only something like 28 MB or so)

Just make sure you [B]DISABLE your Antivirus[/B] before you install maya, or any service packs or updates, especially if you're using Avast, as it will identify the Bifrost installer as a virus for some reason, and block it.

Zbrush 4R5, Max 2012 (might switch to Maya soon)
----
Win 7 Pro X64, Q6600 Intel 2.4GHz Quad Core CPU, 6 GB DDR2 RAM
Samsung 400GB SATA int Hard Drive, TOURO 4TB ext Hard Drive
Asus Std Motherboard, Radeon XFX 7950
Message 3 of 5
asherel
in reply to: AnthonyA

Well I tried all that and it still said some products failed to install. Thanks anyway 😕

Message 4 of 5
camilo.lemos
in reply to: asherel

Hi @asherel 

Sorry to hear you're having problems downloading/installing Maya 2015.

Before we begin working on a resolution, please make sure that your computer matches all the system requirements and graphics requirements to install and run Maya 2015.

-Follow the steps on this solution to work around any "Products Failed to Install" errors.

If that doesn't work, let's move to plan B:

- As @AnthonyA mentioned, make sure your firewall and anti-virus are disabled. This is very important. If your firewall and anti.virus are enabled this simply will not work.

- Follow our uninstallation guide  to ensure that there aren't any traces of previous installation attempts in your computer.

- With your firewall and anti-virus disabled, please download Maya 2015 from the links provided below. Please, finish downloading both links before beginning the installation process.

Maya 2015 Part I

Maya 2015 Part II

The links above are for Windows, please let me know if you are using a different OS.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 5
asherel
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I followed the uninstallation guide, turned off my firewall and antivirus, and used the download links you provided. I am using Windows but it's still not working. The logs say Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable is what's failing to install (multiple times) with the error -2147023293. I uninstalled that as per the instructions, but Maya still fails to install. Any more ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report