Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Processor for Maya?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
822 Views, 6 Replies

Best Processor for Maya?

I want to buy a computer so I can use Maya and other software with a more perfect quality and performance. I want to know what processor can I use.

I have a motherboard with a LGA 775 socket.

I was thinking to buy a motherboard LGA 1156 with this: Intel Core i5-650 Clarkdale 3.2GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80616I5650

or what other processor can I use for my motherboard.? or a Core 2 Quad ro Core 2 Duo will make it?

Thanx for the answers.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
n8skow
in reply to: Anonymous

Assuming your referring to increasing your render speed, I'd get as fast a chip - with as many cores as possible.

I believe you can get a Core2Quad in a 775 LGA at 3GHz+
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: n8skow

Thanx. The problem is that when I am animating in Maya,it becomes to slow. I need something faster. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4550 nad 2 GB Ram, so what I need is a new processor, mine doesn't work.

So you think with these specifications a Core 2 Quad will work????

Another question:
What about changing to and AMD processor

Thanx
Message 4 of 7
n8skow

What becomes too slow?
The viewport?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: n8skow

Yes, when I preview the aniamtion in the viewport it is to slow. To view a 100 frame animation, it lasts like 2 minutes. Too slow. Ive seen many tutorials doing animations and previewing them in the viewport, and they are normal, fast; mine not.
Message 6 of 7
n8skow

What your describing sounds more like an issue with the speed of your video card, (depending on what's actually happening in the scene.)
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I'd stay away from the 1156 series, I believe they're getting phased out. The LGA 1366 are getting ramped up in production, and you can get a decent i7-930 and motherboard deal right now. Plus, the 1366 series supports DDR3, and you have the upgrade ability down the line; whereas if you get an 1156, you'll probably end up upgrading in a year or two, and you won't have full ddr3 support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report