Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backburner server won't start

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4188 Views, 3 Replies

Backburner server won't start

Just installed 3ds max on my new laptop (clevo p150sm). But the backburner server won't start (nothing happens after clicking). Then I spent hours on the Internet searching for solutions. I've tried reinstalling windows 7, installing backburner 2008, 2012 & 2014, enabling or disabling ivp6, turning off window firewall, but still server won't start, despite manager and monitor works fine. I've got two desktops also running windows 7 and backburner 2012, but everything runs fine.

Any one got an idea how to solve this?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i've same problem. I've a little renderfarm ( 25 comp ) and work fine with max 2010 and bb 2008.

today  i've installed max 2014 on 2 comp to test  upgrade entire renderfarm.

i7 winn7 sp1 work fine

xeon 2687 32 cores win 7 sp1 bb wont' start, no windows allert. ( manager, server and monitor )

windows configuration is the same, user, account, No antivirus, No firewall, No ipv6.

from 2687 xeon i can start job and render on i7 ...

from other  xeon (x5650 24 cores) with max 2010 bb 2008 other comp i send job on i7 bb 2014

but max 2014 did'nt work on bb 2008 ... and on this xeon 2687 max 2010 did'nt work

i can't use 10.000$ of new comp 😞

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

hi, i had same problem as u can read in other post, but in other part in AREA is explained one soluction .

in my comp work good

erase or rename c:\users\"username"\AppData\Local\Backburner folder

Restart server or monitor or manager ... .

That's all

Bye

LukeC3D

P.S. new comp now work good ! 🙂

Message 4 of 4
mark_breakwell

Big Thanks, Just had this problem and you've saved me hours of poking around and re-installing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report