Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Materials missing!

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
knmdk
2131 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk Materials missing!

Hello there,

I've had AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 installed (including both Standard and Medium Materials Library). I've got it working OK and did some 3D modelling & rendering.

I've added 3ds Max Design 2013 to this. During installation 3ds Max Desing 2013 said it has found Autodesk Materials. So it passed this step.

However when I open Material/Map Browser in 3ds Max Desing 2013 I see just a very poor list of Standard materials. It has nothing to do with what I've to in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013.

I'm new to 3ds Max. Please help me out...

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Steve_Curley
in reply to: knmdk

Render Setup Dialog > Assign Renderer > Mental Ray.

This should be the default for Max Design. The (standard) Max default is the Scanline Renderer which cannot deal with the Autodesk Materials which is why they are not available in the Materials List. Does beg the question of why your Max Design did not have the correct defaults, unless you changed them.

Before you make the change suggested above, click the big down-arrow button (by the search entry field) and select Show Incompatible. The Autodesk Materials should become available, but will likely not work unless you change the renderer.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report