Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization of 2015

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
trex1995
287 Views, 2 Replies

Authorization of 2015

I downloaded an educational copy of 2015 with the three year license. I received a serial number and a key code. When I installed, I didn't get the usual opportunity to add those numbers. I also received a set of authorization codes and was told to paste them into the program when asked. I never saw that either. I've done this before with 2013 and 2011 before that. Any thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
camilo.lemos
in reply to: trex1995

Hi @trex1995 

Some student licenses have the ability to automatically activate themselves.

Can you please do the following:

* Open the program

* Click on the dropdown arrow next to the "?" icon

* Click on About [Program Name]

* Click on Product Info

Do you see the serial number you received via email displayed on the appropriate field on the screen? If so, the program has  been activated and no further action is required.

If you don't see the serial number displayed, you can either click on the Update button next to the serial number field or click on Activate.

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 3
trex1995
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Yes. The serial number and code are there but I found the link under Help/Autodesk Product Information/About 3DS Max. When I tried the arrow next to the ?, I only went to on line help. Perhaps that is a function of the Student version. Since the numbers were in place I didn't click on activate. I assume that is correct.

Thanks for you help.

John Rafert
>From just North of Naptown

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report