Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Firepro w7000 problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jamares
1643 Views, 4 Replies

AMD Firepro w7000 problems

Hi folks,

recently switched to Firepro w7000 and maya 2015 on win 7, and sice that day it causes me constant headache. Drivers crashes randomly from "just" locking maya when moving framebuffer around to lots of bluescreens. Anyone had better luck with windows 8.1 or is AMD Fireprojust hopeless card? (I've tryed all tested drivers up to latest 14.4 beta and all of them suck)

thanks,

jakub

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BenBisares
in reply to: jamares

Seems to be that most users have no issues but there are some users with issues. Problem is that there doesn't seem to be much in common amongst them.

Do you get and CERs (Customer Error Report)? If yes have you sent any to Autodesk and under which email address?

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 5
jamares
in reply to: BenBisares

Hi Ben,

I'm not sure if I did, maybe once, but than I've realized that it's not really maya/autodesk problem. Now with latest beta it locks without crash message or goes blue screen. Generally it works much better with viewport 2.0 directX, but still not perfect and due some reasons I'd love to use either openGL or  legacy which I can't. As the problems prevails even with tested drivers it seems quite difficult to find some real solution so I'm thinking of giving it last try with windows 8.1. Than I'll probably need to go back Quadro ..

j

Message 4 of 5
BenBisares
in reply to: jamares

I was checking out our hardware certification for the w7000 and it was tested but with some issues (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert/card?siteID=123112&catID=18254205&id=18844534&product=1...)

It doesn't say if it was causing blue screen/crashes but generally if it was causing that it wouldn't pass the certification. When we say "issues" it usually means graphical glitches and things like that. I could check with the team if you want.

Ben Bisares
Message 5 of 5
jamares
in reply to: BenBisares

Yeah I've checked certification charts before getting this card so thats reason those issues surprise me. It would be great if you could check with team. Especially if there's a chance to make it more stable by switching to win 8.1.

thanks,

Jakub

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report