Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active stereo Maya 2013 up to 2015 still..... doesn't work.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
ignuf
2031 Views, 11 Replies

Active stereo Maya 2013 up to 2015 still..... doesn't work.

Hi, 

ok, I bought a quadro 4000 some time ago, for the purpose of using it with maya.... to date ive never got it working, win 7, boxx workstation 8400se, 

currently using maya 2013, 2014 and 2015.

I've installed the latest drivers from nvidia today,disabled aero ,placed a new system variable called "MAYA_ALLOW_STEREO_ON_VISTA" and set the variable value to "1" restarted the machine  

and still the active option for stereo is grayed out 

i've looked on previous posts and people seem to have got it working .... i'm running out of hair to pull out!  any help would be appreciated 🙂 

thanks guys 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
warnold1
in reply to: ignuf

Did you enable stereo in the Nvidia Maya profile ?

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 3 of 12
ignuf
in reply to: warnold1

hey warnold, thanks for the reply, hmm.. can't say I know where that option is , can you point me in the right direction ?

Message 4 of 12
ignuf

ah !! found it ! in windows general control panel / nvidia .... then in the globals turned on "stereo enable " to on ....
Message 5 of 12
warnold1

right click on the Windows desktop,   open up the Nvidia Control panel    depending on which profile you are using there should be options for  Stereo Disaplay Mode, Stereo Enable, Stero Eyes     ensure that Stereo Enable is on  

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 6 of 12
ignuf
in reply to: warnold1

thats fab !! thanks 🙂

Message 7 of 12
ignuf

warnold your a star !   

all still seems a little convoluted all this... shame there's no step by step intro 🙂

thanks again !!

Message 8 of 12
JMoravetz

This seems to be impossible in Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.  Maya thinks Aero is on in these OSs.  I've tried it with a Quadro and a FirePro setup.  Stereo is enabled in the GPU settings, but Maya won't even let me try.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: JMoravetz

I have the same issue.

I work with Windows 8.1 with Maya 2016 and Nvidia Quadro K5200.

I enabled stereo mode in Nvidia control panel for Maya.

I set the environment variable: MAYA_ALLOW_STEREO_ON_VISTA to VALUE: 1

I turned of AERO.

But the Active Panel mode is still grayed out.

Even in the Maya Output Window it says:

"Initialized VP2.0 renderer {
  Version : 6.3.16.0. Feature Level 4.
  Adapter : Quadro K5200/PCIe/SSE2
  Vendor ID: 4318. Device ID : 4156
  Driver : .
  API : OpenGL V.4.5.
  Max texture size : 16384 * 16384.
  Max tex coords : 8
  Shader versions supported (Vertex: 4, Geometry: 4, Pixel 4).
  Shader compiler profile : (Best card profile)
  Active stereo support available : 1
  GPU Memory Limit : 8192 MB.
  CPU Memory Limit: 31041.8 MB.
}"

I gues that means that it's on, right?

Is there someone who could explain that or better give me another hint what I need to do?

Thanks!

Message 10 of 12
autodesk_suzanne
in reply to: Anonymous

same issue as treede - enabled stereo mode in nvidia control panel (in fact, the green light is "ON"), set the environment variable, turned off all desktop transparency. output window says "active stereo support available: 1", but still the active button is grayed out. What the heck?! Come on, Autodesk, answer this!

Message 11 of 12
autodesk_suzanne

NOT solved. Maya 16, Windows 10, x64, NVidia K600, stereo-ready display, turned on in NVidia control panel, have Maya prefs set to allow stereo on vista. still Active is grayed out. This is BS.

Message 12 of 12

Now it's maya 2020, I tested it on, in the starting command line it says :  Active stereo support available : 1 .

However, the Active stereo is still gray out!

All other quad-buffer stereo supported software is working on my platform, eg. blender, catia, except Maya!

Need some help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report