Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally removed software from drive

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
NukeCentral
471 Views, 5 Replies

Accidentally removed software from drive

I was going through my computer the other day removing files that were large and never used. I'm not sure how it happened, but I accidentally removed 3DS Max, Maya, and Mudbox. I have a student license, and I have been using the software any time I have some free time away from school. I tried to download the softwares again, but when the installation started, it prompted that I have already installed the software to my computer. Is there any way that I can download the softwares again, or would I need to buy a full version? I really hope it's not the latter because I don't have the money, so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jessica.t
in reply to: NukeCentral

Greetings @NukeCentral!

It could be an issue with your registry keys. Check out this Autodesk Solution from this previous thread regarding the same problem. Let me know if this helps or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer.

Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 6
NukeCentral
in reply to: jessica.t

Thank you for the response, the link looked like it could help me, but I noticed the answer was referring to an older version of Autodesk. I had 2015 versions, so do you think someone could tell me the registry keys to be looking for? I looked through the registry and didn't see any of the keys mentioned, but I assume that is because I installed a newer version. 

Message 4 of 6
asburyj

If the installer is not letting you perform the re-install because it believes the software is already installed most likely there are registry keys left over from a partial install. Please use the microsoft install cleanup fixit tool at the below link

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

1.) Click the "Run now" Button in the Fix-it box

2.) Accept the License Agreement

3.) Choose the option "Detect Problems and let me select fixes to apply"

4.) Select "Uninstalling"

5.) When the list of installed programs populates, select the one from the list you are unable to Re-install and then click next and yes

6.) When the tool completes There may be remnants left so please delete the directory where the product was installed

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 6
NukeCentral
in reply to: asburyj

Thank you for the response Jeffry, unfortunately when I click the link, it takes me to a blank page. I will share a screenshot of what I see as an attachment to this post. I will attempt to contact microsoft for support, but in the meantime, if you have a solution I would really appreciate it. Thank you again for the support. 

Message 6 of 6
NukeCentral

Edit: I just did a google search for the fixit tool and found it. It appears to be working. Thank you very much for the solution and the support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report