Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsmax not using new Firepro gpu (except in Quicksilver Hardware Renderer)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1024 Views, 2 Replies

3dsmax not using new Firepro gpu (except in Quicksilver Hardware Renderer)

so when I render in anything other than Quicksilver Renderer with my AMD Firepro W8100 I can't take advantage of my gpu power....and even in Quicksilver the quality seems crap and the gpu usage is in spurts.

Does Vray not take advantage of GPU driven rendering in 3ds Max 2015?  I thought it did...AMD evven filmed a video showing the use of Vray in 3ds Max rendering with the W9100.  WTF?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Brock_Lafond
in reply to: Anonymous

V-Ray RT should take advantage of that video card.

Alias/Wavefront Maya 3 -> Discreet 3DS Max 4 -> ...
Win7 Pro 64
EVGA Classified Super Record 2
Dual Xeon Hexa-Core, 48GB RAM
GTX 780 x 2
Corona Renderer, mental Ray
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Brock_Lafond

right? i know.

I read up i little more and one thing I didn't do was switch the Renderer to Vray "RT" which is for GPU renderers apparent. So anyway I switched over to that and then proceeded to look online to the setting to use but their aren't any instructions as of yet that i can find that AMD released for Vray RT...weird.

Vray_production_black blank scene.JPG

Any way I was then fussing around with the Vray RT render tabs and switching over my 'engine' to OpenCl (single kernal).  I then went to render with default setting ( minus engine change) with a black screen with the renderer diag box reporting with "...rendering image".  I left that like that for hours without luck--no render occured--just black black Vray render buffer window :(.  (i'll post the images here)

Vray_activeshade_NoGI.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report