Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max font and toolbars too small and missing command panel

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3284 Views, 6 Replies

3ds max font and toolbars too small and missing command panel

I just got the student version of 3ds max 2015 on my new laptop, and when I open it all the fonts and toobars are too small to even read. I am new to 3ds max and have tried loading the default UI setting but nothing changed. Also, my command panel is missing. I right-clicked on the main toolbar and checked the command panel off and on and still nothing appears. Any help would be great!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
elias.abkar
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same problem and the command panel is highlighted and checked

Message 3 of 7
Steve_Curley
in reply to: elias.abkar

Go here. Type "command panel missing" (without the quotes) into the search field on the right. There are several existing threads, with solutions, on the command panel not being visible.
Post back in here if none of them help.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

This issue has not been covered.

Almost all posts I've read through have to do with the Command Panel GOING missing at some point after installation. THIS issue has to do with the very first installation and booting of 3DS Max. The software boots up for the first time, and right away you notice that the Command Panel is non-existent. You try right-clicking to make sure that it is checked, and it is. There are many suggestions to try re-loading the Default UI settings, but as noted above, that doesn’t work either. This is also not an issue that has to do with dual screens. Can someone PLEASE help? This is a very frustrating issue, especially for someone very new to 3DS Max. The small font/icon issue seems to go hand and hand with the missing Command Panel, as I also have extremely small fonts that are almost impossible to read.

I have a brand new “Lenovo Y50 4K Ultra HD Signature Edition Gaming Laptop” Laptop purchased at a Windows store. Here are the specs;

• 15.6-inch 4K UHD touchscreen
  • Intel Core i7-4700HQ
  • 16GB memory/256GB SSD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M graphics

Thank you for your time.

Message 5 of 7
magnhildnordahl

I have the same problem. Tiny fonts and missing command panel even if I have checked the box and tried loading UI scheme. Did you figure out a solution to your problem? Also new to 3Ds max..

Tags (2)
Message 6 of 7
pateldipj97

i'm having the same problem of the size of to command panel and I still cannot find any solution.

I have also visited the above link which you have sent.

but still the problem is unsolved.

please help me solve my problem.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Even i have the same problem 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report