Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2015 Installed even if previously uninstalled

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
NickDiGiano
396 Views, 2 Replies

3DS Max 2015 Installed even if previously uninstalled

Hello Autodesk community, There is a problem with my 3ds Max Student version that's driving me crazy. Basically I encountered a problem while installing 3ds Max, "Could not write value CoreFiles to key Products\7CE....\Features", which I see is a common problem here. Now, the real problem is: I uninstalled everything from 3ds Max 2015 (both in Uninstall Tool and the default Windows uninstaller) and deleted a ton of stuff, AppData (Roaming/Local), I even deleted Autodesk folders in the registry, I basically eradicated everything about 3ds Max 2015 (and even something about 2014 and previous versions) and here's the problem: http://i.gyazo.com/1595056b7fe568ae05c38e3d754b803a.png See? It tells me 3ds Max 2015 is already installed. It is impossible, there are almost no leftovers of the program itself in my pc. What am I doing wrong? How can I reset the whole thing? My specs, if you ever need them: Acer Predator G3610 Processor / Chipset CPU Intel Core i5 2320 / 3.00 GHz 64-bit Computing Yes RAM Installed Size 8 GB Technology DDR3
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: NickDiGiano

some people have had sucess using this tool from microsoft:

1. Go here: http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

2. Under Section 2, select:  Install or upgrade software or hardware

3. Run Now:  Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
NickDiGiano
in reply to: DarrenP

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report