Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
kengame
202 Views, 2 Replies

3DS Doesn't Work

I just got this program and I've been trying to install it for 3 hours. It constantly fails. At first it wouldn't install from the Web, so I downloaded the file and tried to install it.

It installs for 20 minuets and then tries to tell me that I'm out of disk space, when I have 615GB left on the drive that I'm installing on. Then it tries to reverse the entire installation process and I have t wait another 20 minuets for it to "uninstall".

I included a screen shot. I can't believe that this will take over 615GB to install.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: kengame

You have multiple hard drives, correct?  Its looking like your system drive (C: 120 GB, 711 MB free, 872 MB required) has insufficient space.  Before you ask: no, you can't install the program on your data/non-system drive, like other programs critical components must be on the system drive.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
kengame
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi,

There are several network drives. I told it to install on the D drive. I'm not sure what happened but I restarted the installation the fourth time, and I selected the D:\3ds15\ as the installation folder and it finally installed.

The progam loaded up so I am going to try using it and see what happens.

Thanks for responding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report