Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS 2015 Error: Unhandled exception has occurred.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
12011 Views, 7 Replies

3DS 2015 Error: Unhandled exception has occurred.

3D Studio Max 2015 Error: Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error an attempt to continue.

For Nearly two days now I have been trying to find a solution and hounestly been failling miserably!

For the most part I have only found people saying "Try this" and then a reply with "No, that didn't work" this will go on for a couple of posts before the original person with said issue will state he fixed the problem him/herself and then disapearing from existence without any explaination of what was done. Secondly most of the other posts I have found have been about AutoCAD which would be all well and good (sort of) if I was using AutoCAD.

Natually right now I am rather frustated by the fact the everytime I try to start a model this error message pops up and if i click continue the only thing 3ds does is either freeze and require killing through task manager or just closing itself and tries to send an error report.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling .NET Framework and I tried repairing 3ds which I initially thought fixed the issue, though apparently not.

Should point out I only notice this issue after using a plane for a referance image then using cut and detach, though I haven't attempted much without the referance images.

Lastly I only have a 64GB SSD drive as my C Drive and all my programs are installed on my 1TB HHD D Drive though I can't see how this would cause the problem as it doesn't with any other of my programs.

Any help will be appretiated.

Thanks

Wazzer225

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
darawork
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you done much customisation to the installation or is it a clean install in its 'vanilla' state?

If it is in fact a 'vanilla' installation, you could try to rename your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\

2014 - 64bit\enu\ folder to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\enu-temp\

This will cause Max to recreate a new ENU folder and basically reset and rebuild your profile.
Sometimes this works to fix a corrupt install that is not fixed by a simple uninstall / reinstall.

If that doesn't work try to get the error code of the unhandled exception and I'll do a search for a specific solution (if there is one).

Also, if you could put your PC specs, software and other relevent info in your signature it'd be helpful.

Robot Happy

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: darawork

Hi I will try your first solution now and let your know how it goes. I have a clean install with no plugins though it is a student copy of 2015.

My specs include
2.66gh i7
8gb ram
and Navidia geforce gtx 460

My pc is a little out of date but as a uni student upgrading is sometimes difficult.

as i said i didn't get any problems until i used the cut and detach of a plane and at first i thought i only happens if the edges come into close proximity of each other though now it seams to be happening all the time and i can't even begin a model.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I did what you said about changing the folder name and it has reset itself as you said it would, i see no immediate problems though I forgot to mention I changed the graphic setting to openGL as the reference images are blurry otherwise. Would that have anything to do with it?

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Just thought I would let you know I am still wazzer225 though for some reason I couldn't sign in to my account when I clicked forgot password I ended up signed into this one, I am slightly confused about this but now important right now lol

Message 6 of 8
Steve_Curley

If you've got login problems post about them here - someone may be able to help.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Did this solution work for you? I am having the same problem with a student version of 2015, although on a mac with Parallels for the Windows 7 side. The same error message keeps popping up and shutting down my work session. I have tried the .NET framework several times to no avail. I am at my wits end, any help you or anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Message 8 of 8

Oh man, thanks, thanks thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report