Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working in Large Model

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1665 Views, 9 Replies

Working in Large Model

Hi..

I just want to know is there any limitation size (maximum size) of infraworks model? Now im working in a large and detail city model and my file size more than 50 GB. I have powerful system and make sure all the setting so my infraworks model not slow based on this 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Now, Its so take a long time to edit even simple edit in my model. Is there any chance to reduce file size of our model?  I know infraworks its kind of database, one file related to another file.. But I still wondering to ask, if it can be done.. 

Thanks

NR Damayanti

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Eric_Chappell
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello NR,

Do you need to visuzlize the entire model at all times? I'm wondering if you could create multiple proposals that are designated for certain areas, and then take out what you don't need for each proposal? Also, if overall you don't need to view the whole model, perhaps you can reduce the model extent.

Eric Chappell
Message 3 of 10
davelawrence3d

What are you system specs?

Message 4 of 10
davelawrence3d

I have built some pretty large models and have not found a limit yet but there are some performance considerations. For hardware the SSD makes a huge impact on performance on larger models.

One thing to check is to go into advanced options and 3d graphics check where your detail display is set, I can never set that to the highest setting on models with large data or it brings my workstation to a crawl. Typically as I’m working in run about 3/4, also I run off shadows and ambient occlusion on low if possible on huge models, also the anti-aliasing does not need to be above 4 typically. I also turn off show blackfaces this is not always possible.

Here is a link to a video produced in InfraWorks that covered 27,425 square miles of terrain.

https://vimeo.com/73423887

Here are my specs

Boxx

Intel i7 Six Core Enhanced Performance Processor (4.5 Ghz)

32GB DDR3 1600 (4 DIMMS)

NVIDIA Quadro K5000 4GB

OS Drive: 480GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s

File storage 2 x 240GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s RAID 0 Configuration

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition 64-Bit

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the great info @davelawrence3d . Do you think you could post this projec to the Gallery and include your system specs? It's a great example of the scale what can be done with InfraWorks 360 if you have the right hardware to go with it. https://infraworks-gallery.autodesk.com/projects/recent

Eric Chappell
Message 6 of 10

I’m working on getting client approval to post it but the project was written up in the military engineer http://themilitaryengineer.com/index.php/staging/item/298-identifying-flood-hazards

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Eric_Chappell

Hi Eric,

Yes, I need to visualize entire model because my focus are the metro track that covered almost the whole city.

I already reduced the area that not required. 

Hi David,

I'm not using SSD in my system. Yes, the samething happens when I change to high performance. I already set all relate display setting in low performace.

Thanks All

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: davelawrence3d

Here are my spect

Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU  X5690 @3.47 GHz (2 Processor)
Memory (Ram) 64 GB
NVDIA Quadro K2000
Drive : ATA ST3750330NS SCSI 
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Eric_Chappell

Hi..

I just wondering about SQLite file.. On some source I found 

"The SQLite database file may get larger and larger as time goes by. Even if the data is deleted from the database, the database file will not be shrunk, unless you run the VACUUM command. VACUUM will reconstruct the database from scratch and keep the database minimal in size.(Source : Appeon.com)"

Can we run this comman in infraworks using some kind of script? I wish next version will have this tools.. 

Damayanti

Message 10 of 10
KPerison

I too have noticed a huge spike in the size of my model today.  This morning my model was listed as 48MB. 

The only operations I have been doing today is testing the correct import settings and adjustments required to bring in a set of aerial images.

1. I was making adjustments to an individual image outside of IW360 then importing it.
  2. I would then delete this data source from my model,
  3. readjust the image,
  4. then re-import back to IW360 to test the effect of my adjustments. 

I did this process probably 15 times today.  At the moment, I dont have any extra data in my model than I did this morning an yet the model size is listed as 1.2GB.

How does one "purge" their model down to a reasonalbe size?

Thx.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report