Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Infraworks need Navisworks Simulate or Navisworks Manage

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ukdxb012
2065 Views, 5 Replies

Why does Infraworks need Navisworks Simulate or Navisworks Manage

Hi,

We have installed Infraworks 2015 on a users workstation and they're trying to add a DWG to the Model however each time they add it Infraworks says it need Navisworks Simulate or Manage 2015 installing alongside Infraworks.

Why is this? Can somone explain please...

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: ukdxb012

This changed in Infraworks 2014 R2 for whatever reason

you have 2 options for data import use the Cloud or use the local import which requires Navisworks 2015 to be installed which is being used to for the file conversion

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
ukdxb012
in reply to: DarrenP

But you can't use the Cloud option with Infraworks 2015 unless you bought the Infraworks Companion i guess?

Beats me why the local import couldn't just have the part of Navisworks that it needs to do the job for the Import.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

@DuncanBrannan82 wrote:

But you can't use the Cloud option with Infraworks 2015 unless you bought the Infraworks Companion i guess?

Beats me why the local import couldn't just have the part of Navisworks that it needs to do the job for the Import.

Regards,

Duncan

yes this option is only in Infraworks 360

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
ukdxb012
in reply to: DarrenP

Frustrating! 😞

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 6
ukdxb012

Ok, so we installed Navisworks Simulate 2015 with Infraworks 2015 but when the user tried to import a DWG to Infraworks, Infraworks reported that it was unable to import plugins. Please run as administrator.

When you clicked on show details, it said Navisworks Simulate Plugins failed to load.

Once ran as administrator, the issue seems to have gone. Does this mean the product has to be ran first by a Local Administrator as we cannot be making everyone Local Administrators.

I believe the issue is realted to this... does anyone know the three files it copies and whether you can supply these with installs of Navis Manage and Simulate to get round the issue of users having to run as administrator.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report