Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do sketch-up buildings not fully import as fbx models?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ameyer6884
623 Views, 3 Replies

Why do sketch-up buildings not fully import as fbx models?

I have attempted to import numerous sketch-up models that I have converted to FBX models using 3DS Max.  Once configured and Interactively Placed, it looks like only 75% of the building actually comes in.  You can see thru walls, there are a pieces of the roof missing, etc.  Any reason why this is or how to fix it??  Are the models just too large for the software to handle?  I have had success with a couple homes, but more often than not, these Sketch-up Models just don't fully come in....

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Can you provide a link to the original Sketchup model and the FBX you created from it?

Which settings did you use during model import into 3ds Max and during export to FBX?

Did you try to enable "Show backfaces" within AIM? Often faces/polygons/triangles are not consistently oriented so they "point" to the opposite/wrong direction...

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 3 of 4
knurrebusk
in reply to: ameyer6884

I use Simlab (plugin for Sketchup) that export/import fbx direct, but if this is some models from warehouse!

Loads of strange stuff, and check normals, and so in is needed.

Max has some scripts that might help, so do Sketchup.

http://www.scriptspot.com/

Message 4 of 4

@ameyer: perhaps you could provide a concrete sample dataset triggering this issue, so we can have look into that?

Konstantin.B
Software Architect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report