Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While designing/Modifying road it is taking too long time to update.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
narayanar
486 Views, 6 Replies

While designing/Modifying road it is taking too long time to update.

Whie designing roads & bridges or when I am going to modify the deign road it is taking long time to update even though I am using "ZBOOK 15" workstation with 32GB Ram, i7 , 2GB NVDIA, etc....If anyone knows please let me know the reason or Solution for it.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: narayanar

Hi Narayanar,

the program perormance is dependent on model size and detail settings of course.
You can try to adjust the application options and/or visula effects to accelerate the recreation of the model after editing it.

2014-12-09_0909.png

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 7
lippola

hi there,

i would be interested if the perfomance issue you have/had is only related to updating after editing or if you have any problems fluently navigating throuhg the model, selcting, zoom in & zoom out etc.

If this is the case i would realy like to know what your model contains, how big it is and which settings are set.

Andreas

Message 4 of 7
dsimenic
in reply to: lippola

During the editing, IW constantly update a whole model (example: profile editing). Better solution will be a profile editing (tangents, vertical curves); then, when is design complete, pick on "Finish" button (or something similar); only then IW should update the model.

The problem is bigger if the model is bigger, OK. But the some conceptual design for the new roads and especially highways could be a very long, (10-50 km, for example). Result: model must be a very large. So we need reasonbly system respond in the models minimum 10 km long, which contains some bridges end intersections.

Message 5 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: dsimenic

I agree. Editing roads is painfully slow at best as every edit requires a rebuild. Perhaps a "road edit" mode would be helpful? Go into Road Edit Mode and you see a 2D representation of the alignment and profile so editing is quick. Leave Road Edit Mode and the model updates.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 7
Partenheimer
in reply to: BrianHailey

I agree too.

My 12 mile long conceptual roadway takes a VERY long time to edit because each of the edits are one--at--a--time.

I'm talking 60 seconds with each entry.

We really need a better solution.

Perhaps multiple edits and then an update button. Hmm...where have I seen that before?

Message 7 of 7
scottkent

Hi Narayanar - would you be able to share your model with me?  I'd like to poke around and see if I can find anything.  You can reach me by email if you like.

Thanks!

Scott Kent P.E.
Senior QA Analyst II
Infrastructure Collaboration Products

Autodesk, Inc.
100 Commercial Street
Manchester, NH 03101

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report