Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler discussion list

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cjandrews22
1049 Views, 4 Replies

Welcome to the Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler discussion list

Hello and welcome to the Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler discussion list on the Autodesk.com community forums.

This forum is intended to serve as an informal community resource for users and Autodesk moderators to share questions, tips, and suggestions to help our users make the most out of their Infrastructure Modeler projects.

Typical topics that would be welcome for discussion here include:

• Data import and export formats
  • Usability issues
  • Can't find XXX capability in the product or help questions
  • Defects that you may have discovered
  • Cool tips and tricks
  • Questions about scripting and customization
  • Examples of interesting workflows
  • Examples of output from your projects

Users who post to these forums are responsible for making sure that they have appropriate permissions to post information to a public discussion list.

For more information on Infrastructure Modeler, please take a look at these links:

Thanks for your participation.

Chris Andrews

Senior Product/Product Line Manger
Media and Entertainment Cloud Services
Autodesk
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cpennetti
in reply to: cjandrews22

how do you keep measurements from disappearing, and how do you add notes and labels to the model?

i like the improvements to 2013 by the way, very clean

Message 3 of 5
eric.fain
in reply to: cpennetti

Hi. We are very pleased that you like AIM 2013. 

As for notes and labels...there is no annotation feature currently. However, you can create tooltips that display for a feature class (i.e. Roads), a data source, or for an individual feature. There is a wikihelp topic on how to create tooltips. The ability to create annotations is in our plans, but not there for 2013. Hope this helps in the short term. 

Message 4 of 5
knurrebusk
in reply to: eric.fain

Is there any hope AIM files can be imported to Revit for small stuff?

If top quality Lidar data, even a tiny bit can be used, if right format.

Sketchup was my last shock, but never developed into an integrated sollution, AIM is like Sketchup felt, then jumps further.

Message 5 of 5
danielk
in reply to: cjandrews22

Hi, my name is Daniel Knoblovits and I have a trick to enter labels  into AIM till we have the according software tool.

You can create an Image with the texts you need and connect it to your model. You need to correlate your Image.

If you have a SHP, SQLite, SDF or any other data file you can create Mtexts from the labels. Then create the Correlate Image file with Autocad Raster Design and connect it to your model.

This is not an ideal solution but in this way we can include several labels (statics of course) into our model.

I hope this can help.

Daniel Knoblovits

Omnitehc Ltd.

Autodesk Division

Infrastructure & GIS Solution

Technology & Business Development Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report