Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Optimization in Infrawoks

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RavchukNA
770 Views, 2 Replies

Vertical Optimization in Infrawoks

Hello! 

Why, when I try to apply a vertical optimization, Infrawoks asks me to choose the way? Although the road is chosen.

road.jpg

And one more question.
Where tangents, curves, and spirals when editing the road?

road1.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Charlie.Ogden
in reply to: RavchukNA

There are two types of Roads in InfraWorks with the Roads and Highways module (included in InfraWorks Ultimate with the Infrastructure Design Suite - Ultimate edition):  Sketched roads and Design Roads.

The road shown in the images is a sketched road.  The Optimization tool will only work on Design Roads, so it's asking you to pick a Design Road.  That is also why you don't see the tangent, curve and spiral geometry.

When you hover over the Create Roads tool on the Draw Strip you get five commands to draw a road.  The first on the left, "Create Roads" (in the red box below) is the sketch road feature - the others (in the yellow box below) are all Design Roads of different classes.  Try creating a new road with one of those Design Roads and you should be able to optimize it.

DesignRoads.png

I hope that helps!

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 3 of 3
RavchukNA
in reply to: Charlie.Ogden

Thank you very much! You really helped me! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report