Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Interaction with published model

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
frosty1_4me
444 Views, 4 Replies

User Interaction with published model

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can answer this question as to the direction of infraworks for the end users.  Currently the only output I have is a video of the model that I've created.  What I really want is a viewer of sorts for the end user to interact with the model.  Have the user spin and zoom into different areas of the model that I output.  

Is this something that is coming with infraworks?  Or maybe there is a way to do it now that I haven't found yet.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Kent,

there are other ways to output your scenario or model, but this falls under the keyword "cloud collaboration" and is only available with InfraWorks 360.
There you can publish a model to InfraWorks 360 and share it to other users having InfraWorks installed or the iPad App installed.
You can also create and share a scenario that can be viewed in a web browser. This solution as some graphical limitations.

A cost free InfraWorks viewer is under discussion for future releases , but details are not yet carved in stone.

Hope this helps,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the response.  Obviously a cost free viewer for users to use would be the option that most are looking for.  No casual user that wants to view some 3d content as a feature of interest is going to pay for anything, they will just leave the site.  For the end product to display an interactive model allowing users to play with the view of the model is ideal. 

Message 4 of 5

I can see a use for the InfraWorks viewer. What functionality would be included? Here's what I think would be needed to make it useful.

1. Display and navigate the model (this one should be obvious)
  2. Switch Proposals
  3. Play a storyboard
  4. Measure distances
  5. Select an object and get it's properties

I can't think of anything else that would be necessary.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5
frosty1_4me
in reply to: BrianHailey

I completely agree with your list Brian, especially the measure tool.  The one thing you missed is:

• free viewer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report