Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upconverted model & missing styles - styles.json vs style.json

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Partenheimer
368 Views, 3 Replies

Upconverted model & missing styles - styles.json vs style.json

I have an InfraWorks manual (InfraWorks 360 Essentials) which I'm going through trying to execute the exercises. The models are older - not sure... probably 2014. I'm using InfraWorks 360 2015.2. The models seemed to upconvert okay at open but many of the styles mentioned in the execises are missing.

Subsequently, I located *.style.json files for all of the missing styles in the model's *.files/styles/Defs/[feature type]/ folder. (Example: Grass Pond.style.json)

I tried to import them but realized the Styles import supports *.styles.json files rather than *.style.json files. (the "s" is required for style import files)

Does anyone know the difference between *.style.json files and *.styles.json files? ...(That's not my real concern, but I am curious)

Does anyone know how to "activate" the style files I do have from the old model?

I tried to copy some of the *.style.json files, add the "s", and then import... but that didn't work.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Partenheimer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Michael,

The InfraWorks manual (InfraWorks 360 Essentials) you reference, is that this: http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118862031.html ?

There was an unfortunate timing issue with this book release and the July update [version 15.2] of InfraWorks and InfraWorks 360. The 2015.2 version updates your InfraWorks projects to the latest schema, and there was a 'miss' on our end regarding custom styles in projects. This process is being corrected for the next release later this year.

Willy Campbell
Message 3 of 4

Hi Michael,

I got confirmation from Eric Chappelle that the data on his website for the essentials book is indeed updated to 2015.2. I recommend downloading the updated data sets and trying them to ensure you get the correct data/textures.

If you are not using these data sets, let me know!

Willy Campbell
Message 4 of 4

Yes,

Hello Willy. Thanks for your response.

Yes, the book in question is the Sybex book you indicate.

2 things:

I have been in contact with the Author, Eric Chappell, who states he's updating the book companion files for InfraWorks 2015.2 and will update folks regarding the status of that on his blog. http://ericchappell.blogspot.com/2014/07/new-infraworks-essentials-datasets.html

In another forum post, Dan Philbrick responded to this very issue.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/InfraWorks-General-Discussion/2015-new-interface-is-not-impressing-me/...

Regards,

Michael Partenheimer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report