Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topography Not Importing Correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DPickering87
533 Views, 3 Replies

Topography Not Importing Correctly

Hi All,

Pictures attached to show the problem,I have a topo survey that I have exported as both a LandXML and an IMX from Civil 3D. When I import the survey into Infraworks it is not showing the correct levels in an area. I have exported a 3D DWF to check the surface in Naivsworks and it is fine there. What is showing could be an older version as the topo has been modified to remover the embankment at the rail bridge shown. Could Infraworks have an old version cached somewhere and is loading that instead? I have tried reconnecting it and also removing the surface and importing newly exported XML and IMX files. It is the only surface in that area so no other surfaces should be affecting it. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi DPickering87,

I'm not sure I can see where the actual discrepancies are in the terrain but I'm wondering if the InfraWorks 360 objects like the railway or the road is interacting with your terrain and modifying it a bit.  Perhaps you could try creating a new proposal with nothing in it, bring in your Civil 3D surface, and compare those results - without anything influencing the terrain.

Eric Chappell
Message 3 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: Eric_Chappell

Eric,

I think these are the areas that are being referred to:

One thing you can try is to turn off the grid option.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 4
Eric_Chappell
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks Brian,

That even makes me more confident that it's a case of the road above interacting with the terrain and trying to tie in. I'll be curious to see how @DPickering87's test comes out with bringing the surface into an empty proposal.  Or, @DPickering87 you could even just delete the road for a second, see the results, and undo.

You might also be able to adjust the locations of those abutments to get a result that's closer to what you're looking for.

Eric Chappell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report