Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T- intersection won't edit it too close

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NDM_USER
519 Views, 3 Replies

T- intersection won't edit it too close

I have this common scenario where the cross-intersection is not quite perfect , the secondary  streets are not on the same alignment  therefore Infraworks creates 2 T- intersections which for some reason I can't edit . On top of that the resulting return curbs are all messed up .See attached.

Any suggestion for the fix?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Willy_Campbell
in reply to: NDM_USER

Hi Dorin,

Sorry if I missed it, but are there any attachments? I didn't see any.

Are you creating these intersections out of sketched roads, or are you using design roads from the Roads & Highways module? Were these imported from Civil 3D?

Can you tell me, are the cross intersecting streets that are separate alignments 'not quite perfect' by design, or are you laying them out and they won't match up?

I created 2 different version of intersections with different side alignments [sketched and from the module] and I was able to get them lined up [if desired] and continue to edit them. What you describe definitely sounds like an issue in the model.

Willy Campbell
Message 3 of 4
NDM_USER
in reply to: Willy_Campbell

The intersections are imported from civil 3d however I have sketched the roads with different alignments and the intersection won't edit. See attached.

Dorin

Message 4 of 4
Willy_Campbell
in reply to: NDM_USER

Hi Dorin,

Sorry, I don't see anything attached again. When you say the alignments are offset, is it a small amount, like 1 foot, or is it more like a lane/road-width? When I tested this, my alingments were off by small amounts; maybe a foot or two.

When the incoming alignments are off by a lane-width [or more], then I get errors like you describe where I cannot edit the intersection, and/or I get weird results at the intersection. This behavior is a known issue that is currently being fixed for future release, but is only a problem when the main road has more than 1 lane in each direction. This image is 3 lanes each way, and offset incoming alignments and they cannot be adjusted:

intersection3.JPG

There is a workaround for this: You need to extend one of the alignments to the CL of the intersection, let it run parallel to the CL, then continue some distance down the other road alignment. You also need to add extra points [see image below], and move it slightly off the CL of the main road to allow it to build correctly [otherwise you will get more odd results]. This image shows 1 alignment with added points, slightly offset from the main road CL [you may need to adjust verticals to match] with the correct intersection, and they are adjustable:

intersection points1.JPG

Willy Campbell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report